Chapter 19.2

Finally I have updated! Chapter 19.2! Sorry for the wait everybody! Enjoy reading

**********************

Awkward Silence…

If there would be only two words that can describe our situation, it’s that. Awkward silence.

The room is empty, except for the three of us. Yoseob was sitting at the front of the room, on the teacher’s table while Joo Won and I are sitting six chairs apart. Yoseob wasn’t paying any attention to us, he was just looking at his computer while marking some papers. Damn Yoseob. He gave me detention for a very petty reason! I have no idea why he would act so hostile to me. I just sat there, staring into space when a piece of scrunched up paper hit my head. It was from Joo Won. I looked at him curiously when he gestured me to open it. I did. I unfolded the paper in the bottom of my desk, careful not to make too much noise, careful not to attract Yoseob’s attention. I opened the paper and it read:

I want to talk later. Please come.

Huh? Why would he want to talk to me? I already told you that we weren’t friends. We were just acquaintances as far as I’m concerned. And what topic would he want to talk to? I have no idea. I just looked at him again but he wasn’t looking my way. I wrote back to the paper saying:

Why?

Seriously, that was the only thing I could think of. I threw the paper at him and hit his back. As I looked at him reading, he looked at me and mouthed just wait. And again, I am curious. I sighed as I looked at the front of the room but Yoseob faced the both of us and our eyes met.

Fuck.

Is it because he’s the teacher? Is it because his behaviour is unusual today? What is the reason why I’m this nervous? I didn’t back out. I stared back at him, no, more like I glared back at him. Yoseob broke the eye contact and checked his wrist-watch. 4:00 pm. My detention is over. “Okay, pack-up. It’s time to go home.” He said as he gathered the papers and shut down his computer. Joo Won and I also gathered our books and pens and I left as soon as possible, not wanting to interact more with this unfamiliar Yoseob. Joo Won followed after me and we immediately went to our respective lockers. I won’t take any chances of being held back again.

***

The metallic sound my locker was making is enough to fill the empty corridor. All students has already left. As I walked through the hall, my footsteps echoed around the room. I looked around to see signs of life but there wasn’t. I forgot to ask where Joo Won’s locker is. I went to the girl’s bathroom to check myself once again.

The yellow blazer I was wearing was reflected by the mirror and it complimented my bag. I put my hair back up in a ponytail again and checked my skirt. This is what a student in Seoul Arts Performing High School looks like, a total beauty. I am not one of those girls who claims they are ugly, even if I am ugly I would still claim I’m beautiful. Heck, in my eyes I look perfectly fabulous! I turned my back from the mirror and went outside the bathroom.

And there was a silhouette of somebody waiting outside.

What? Is it a pervert? I walked towards that man’s silhouette to confirm his identity. I was reassured that he wasn’t a pervert when I saw the yellow blazer he was wearing. A student. He snapped his head towards my direction as he heard my footsteps. Oh. It was Joo Won. He’s waiting for me.

“Yo.”

He greeted. “Hey.” I replied back and I grabbed his sleeve and dragged him outside the school.

*******

“W-wait, wait, wait!” Joo Won said as soon as I dragged him outside. “Calm down, calm down.”

I realised I was being rude. I just did not want to take any chances of interacting with Yoseob again. “Sorry, about that.” I sincerely apologised and that might have solved the situation as Joo Won flashed his teeth at me.

“You must be wondering why I, a total unfamiliar man, want to talk to you huh?” he said. Oh, so he’s aware that I am, in fact, suspicious of him.

“Uhm… I heard from my classmate that you’re an acquaintance of Yun Eun Jae.” He said awkwardly.

“Yes. Kind of.”

“Well… I… uh…”

His face was red as an apple and his cheeks reddened with embarrassment. He couldn’t meet my eyes.

I like her.” He uttered ever so quietly.

What?

To be continued