Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Yoseob’s point of view

Well, the pancakes there were nice, but not nice enough to comfort me from my grief of losing Dol Hareubang. Dae Jin and I just kept talking and it’s just good to keep me preoccupied and distract myself from this hurtful feeling. Oh, the pain of losing someone as precious as a diamond.

Am I being poetic or something?

Well I certainly don’t care anyway. We came home and I was driving the van. Dae Jin fell asleep. Is Hareubang home yet? Is she fine? Did that Hyun Soo fellow hurt her? Or worse… kidnap her maybe?

Snap out of it, Yoseob. That guy, Hyun Soo, is not a criminal or some sort. I just sighed. Well I sure hope that everything is fine.

We arrived home and I saw the b2st members, except for Jun-Hyung, because he has an appointment. They were in the dining table, looking miserable as ever.

Of course.

Hareubang isn’t home, who would cook dinner? Hey, I hadn’t thought of that. Since Hareubang moved in, for the first time in our lives we were having decent homemade meals. Really, I haven’t tasted homemade meals for almost a year until Hareubang came. Now we eat homemade meals every single meal. And not just any meal, seriously, Hareubang has talent in cooking.

“What’s wrong?” Dae Jin asked. I smiled at her and I said calmly to her “Hareubang isn’t home, and these irresponsible young people of this generation don’t know how to cook.”

Dae Jin just looked at me in a funny way. She laughed.

“Then I’ll cook. What do you want to eat?” she asked.

“Well, today is a special event because it’s holiday so we’re supposed to have grilled chicken…” Ki Kwang said miserably

“And the baked potatoes for the winter…” Doo Joon said as he gazed longing for food.

“And fresh kimchi and lemon juice or hot chocolate and cappuccino to enjoy the dinner…” AJ said as he sighed deeply

“Muffin and cupcakes and apple pie to pair with the hot chocolate... but it’s all gone. No more good dinner for us. We might as well die.” Hyunseung said as he started making sobbing sounds.

Geez.

“Did Mi Da promise you that?” Dae Jin asked. And all of them said in unison: “Yes.” Well, Mi Da promised them some good dinner in the holidays and it is the holidays but then, he has a date.

“We don’t know where Mi Da-shi is, she just texted us she won’t be coming home. She will just postpone the holiday dinner tomorrow night.” Doo Joon said.

“And she said we should cook our dinner for the mean time.” Hyunseung continued.