14

Namjoon and Jin watch as they rang Taehyung's phone for the seventh time. Still no answer.

"He's not going to answer." Jin whines, almost on the verge of tears once more. Jin wipes his eyes but no matter how many times he does so, he can always feel more tears threatening to drop.

He was possibly going to get sued or arrested and he didn't know how to deal with this stress. "Namjoon, I can't do it. There is no way I can get the money in two more days."

Jin thinks about his options. He had two. Take the easy way out or face the consequences. There was so many more ways to go about this but in this moment of his emotional breakdown, his mind was set on only those two options.

"Ask Yoongi, he will help you." Namjoon suggest, noticing the deep thought on Jin's face.

"Yoongi hates me."

Namjoon sighs before staring into Jin's eyes. "Yoongi doesn't hate anyone but one person. I promise, he doesn't hate you."

That's when Jin's phone dings. Seokjin picks up his phone to see a message from Taehyung.

Taehyungie:

So now you wanna talk to me? I've called you so many times and you didn't answer any of them. All I needed was a call or text from my best friend but instead I got absolutely nothing. My mom was in the hospital and I was in a bad place. I just wanted to be cheered up by the person I thought was there for me. But once something is wrong with you, I'm suddenly important? Don't talk to me hyung.

Jin covers his mouth to stifle a sob. Taehyung was correct. He hasn't been paying attention to his friend and was caught up in his problems too much to notice his friends pain.

Namjoon grabs the phone from his hyung's hand and read the message. "I'm such a horrible person." Jin cries out. "I can't do it anymore."

That's when Namjoon snapped because he was way too familiar with Jin's last sentence.

Namjoon grabs both sides of Jin's face. "Look at me." Namjoon said, trying his best to sound calm. Jin's eyes slowly makes contact with Namjoon's. The two's faces were just inches apart.

"This is just a bad day. You can get through this. You're gonna get that money even if you have to beg on the streets 24/7. Because I refuse to be alone again." Namjoon says, voice stern but calm.

Then it was quiet. All you could hear was Jin's sniffling. Jin noticed that their faces were closer than before. Namjoon's hands on his cheeks became more gentle.

And it happened.

Both their lips connect softly. It took Jin some time but he soon kissed back. It was like all of Jin's worries flew away even for a few seconds.

Namjoon pulled away and his hands were glowing a mixture of bright pink and blue.

"I refuse to be alone again."