The Girl in Flames

I ran away from the boy who were picking on me. They said I was different and they hated me because I was different. I got so angry when they picked on me. So I hurt them, I just got so angry that I couldn't control it anymore. I got in trouble for it though. 

I didn't want to hurt them this time. So I ran away. 

"Come back here scaredy cat!" One of the boys yelled at me. I just ran faster. I ran into a alley, but it was a dead end. 

"Now we got you." One of the boys said. 

"No, please don't." I said. 

"Aww, the girl is begging for mercy." Another boy said. 

"Get away." I said crying. 

"Why should we?" The boy asked. 

"Get away!" I screamed while crying. 

"No, little girl." 

"I.Said.Get.AWAY!" I screamed and closed my eyes. When I opened them I was surrounded in blue. 

"A-Are those flames?" One boy said. 

"Why are they blue?!" Another one asked. 

"Let's run!" The boys said as they started to run away. 

I looked at my hands, they looked like they were covered in blue flames. 

"W-What happened, why am I covered in flames?" Then the flames suddenly stopped. 

"That was quite a show you put on there." A mysterious man turned the corner and looked at me. He was wearing a white top had with a pink lace around the base. He was wearing a fancy outfit. It was really fancy compared to my grimy navy blue sweatshirt, jeans, and black boots. 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"Someone who can tell you everything that has happened. If you come with me." The man extended his hand and waited for me to grab it. I walked over and grabbed his hand. 

"Do you have any parents?" The man asked. 

"No, I lived in a orphanage when I was a kid. But people didn't like me there and picked on me, so I left." I said. 

"What is your name?" 

"Akumu." I said. 

"Because the caretaker at the orphanage said I was in all of her nightmares, so my name in basically means nightmare." "What is your name?" I asked. 

"Mephisto Pheles." He said. "But you can call me Faust."

 "Ok." I said.

 "Do you know anything about demons?" He asked me.

 "Um, no I don't." I said. "They really exist?"

 "Yes they do my dear," Faust started to say. 

"There is a world called Gahenna, and a world called Assiah. The world were are in now is called Assiah, the human world. But the place called Gahenna is were demons live. Now do you know what exorcists are?" 

"Um, no sorry." I said. 

"Well, Exorcists are people in the world of Assiah that protect humans from demons. You see, sometimes demons come through to Assiah. There are many different types of exorcists. There are Tamers, Dragoons, Doctors, Knights, and Aira. Each of these have special abilities." Faust said. 

"Now what I am really here to ask you about is, would you like to become a exorcist?" I was stunned, me a Exorcist? It sounded really fun. 

"Sure!" I said. 

"Then you will have to come with me." Then suddenly a pink limo derived up next to us.

 "Ok, then." I said as I got in.

------------------------------

After a while I got bored. "Hey Faust?" I asked.

 "Yes?" He replied. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"True Cross Academy." He said. "But, I will only make you take the cram school. Because of your situation." He asked.

 "Oh, thank you!" I said excitedly. 

"Once you get there, cram school will be starting shortly. I will have a talk with your teacher and you will be set to go. Oh, and blue flames aren't that normal, and pointy ears aren't too. Could you keep it a secret between us?" Faust said. 

"Sure!" I said "Also thank you, for everything." I hugged him. "If you hadn't come along, I would think I had gone crazy." 

"Your welcome." Faust said. 

"You should change into this." Faust said as he handed a set of clothes to me. "This is the schools uniform." I looked at him puzzled. He wanted me to change here and now?

 "Oh don't worry, I will turn around as you do it." The Faust turned around. Then I started to put my uniform on. 

"I'm done." I said to Faust. Then he turned around. 

 " Were here Akumu." Faust said as he started to get out of the car. I followed him out and he gave me a key. 

"What's this for?" I asked. 

"It's the key to get into the cram school." Faust said. "Better not loose it." Then Faust jumped of the bridge. I looked over the edge to see if he was okay, but there was ground there. Since he jumped down, I followed him and jumped down as well. 

"Use your key to open the door." Faust said. 

I put my key in the key hole and turned it. Then I opened the door. I went inside and found a odd room. The room looked like it was covers in different colors of glass. 

"This way." Faust said as he walked in front of me. 

Then we reached a door that Faust was opening. I assumed that it was the door to the classroom. I was nervous so I waited outside and peeked through the door frame. No one was in the room yet. Thank God. Then I would be less embarrassed. 

"Hello," said Faust to I assumed was the teacher. 

"Oh, hello headmaster." The teacher said. 

"I have brought you something Yukio." Faust said. "I have recruited a new student." Faust said to Yukio. "She will be staying in your dorm, if you don't mind." 

"B-But, what if she sees you know what?" Yukio said.

 "Don't worry!" Faust said. "As long as your brother can keep his tail covered, I'm sure she will be fine." 

In the next second Yukio's eyes locked on to mine and I hid be hind the door. 

"eep!" I said and went behind the wall. 

"It okay Akumu, you can come inside." Faust said. So I stepped inside the classroom and went up next to Faust. "Introduce yourself." Faust said to me.

 "Hi, my name is Akumu." I said in almost a whisper. 

"Well, it's nice to meet you Akumu!" the teachermsaid. "My name is Yukio Okumura." He extends his hand and I shook it.