Chapter 16 - Story Time

A large gasp for air and coughing filled the room as Akari shot up out of bed.

Sighs of relief could be heard from Rin and Yukio. Mephisto stood back and watched the show.

"Akari are you all right?!" Yukio asked as Akari stopped coughing.

"Y-Yes," Akari replied.

"What happened?" Rin asked.

Akari then recalled what had happened to her and the girl, and what the girl had told her.

Akari then felt tears roll down her cheeks.

"Th-the girl was telling me th-things about h-her and then a b-bad man showed up and h-hurt me and the g-girl told me to w-wake up b-but I couldn't!" Akari yelled out then started throwing a huge fit.

"It's okay, it was only a dream..." Yukio said.

"No!" Akari screamed back. "She's real! She knew you guys! She was happy because you were worried about her! She was real!"

Rin then pulled Akari into a hug and let her cry on his shoulders.

"It's okay Akari. We believe you," Rin replied. "Did she tell you what her name was?"

Akari shook her head no.

"What exactly did she say to you?" Yukio asked.

"She said that she knew you three, and that the clown guy was her friend. When I met her before she was going to tell me about you two but the bad man showed up and- and...." Akari started to cry again.

"I-I heard you talk about her do I wanted to ask her about what you said. I'm sorry... I didn't get to ask a lot of things!" Akari cried even more. She was saddened that she had let Rin, Yukio, and Mephisto down by leaving her too early.

"It's okay Akari, you didn't have to do anything in the first place. We're happy that you would go through that for us!" Rin said.

"R-really?" Akari asked.

"Really," Yukio replied.

That made Akari smile.

"C-Can I try to go back and talk to her again?" Akari asked.

"After what happened last time! What if?-" Yukio was cut off by a certain someone putting his pink umbrella over his mouth.

"That would be a wonderful idea! We can always stay here next to you just incase something bad happens!" Mephisto told Akari.

"Yay! I wanna help!" Akari's eyes sparkled.

"What do you say Yukio?" Mephisto asked as he pulled his umbrella back. Yukio knew he had driven him into a corner.

If he had said no now he would make Akari upset and not want to tell him anymore information that she might get from her dreams. Well played.

"I guess if we stay next to you it will be okay..." Yukio responded!

"Yay! I'm gonna go to sleep right away!" Akari said climbing out of Rin's arms and onto the bed.

"B-But wait a minute!" Yukio said. "If you go in there you have to ask her certain things!"

"Like what?" Akari asked.

"Like.. What her name is! And how she knows us!" Rin said.

"Okay! I will!" Akari replied, laying down in the covers.

"Also, if the bad man comes back you have to try to wake up, alright?" Yukio asked.

"I will!" Akari replied.

Akari then closed her eyes and attempted to go to sleep.

It took a while, but her breathing finally got to the pace it needed to be and she was asleep.

Yukio glared at Mephisto, who had a smug look plastered onto his face.