Chapter 10- Out With the Old and In With the New

After a while of running, I found a spot an a park bench to sit. I scrunched up in a ball and put my head in my knees. Why did this happen to me? Why? I never asked for Rin and Yukio to hate me!

"What are you doing here Akumu?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

I looked up and saw a familiar face,

"What are you doing here.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Father?" I asked him.

"I thought you would be with Rin and Yukio now," he asked me.

"Well, we got into a argument and it very complicated," I half explained.

"So that means," he started to circle around the park bench menacingly "if you would run away, they wouldn't come to find you?"

"Basically," I replied.

"Perfect!" Father replied "That means you can come to Gehenna with since there is obviously nothing here anymore that you care about!"

"What??" I tried to clarify.

"Come with my my daughter! We can make this world a new where demons and humans can live in peace! Just like me and your mother imagined," He explained to me.

I started to think in my mind very hard. Do I really want to go to Gehenna? To drop everything and go with my Father, who ordered me to kill my brothers?

"To be honest..." I started to reply. "I was thinking about going before you even asked me."

"I just wanted all of this to be over. I never wanted to deal with the guilt of me leaving Rin and Yukio again. I just wanted to stay away from them. Maybe, I could go to Gahenna"

.~,*.~,*.~,*

The next day, the exorcist class led by Yukio was out on exorcist job.

A report came in that a little girl was causing drama in a mall by using 'special powers'. The report didn't say anything more about her powers, just that they were special.

Currently, the team is on the scene searching the mall for a little girl who was identified with with black hair in pigtails.

They paired up into pairs, the same pairs that they usually pair into.

So now, my dear readers, we look at Rin and Shiemi as they make their way deeper into the mall.

"Man," Rin said. "Who knew finding a little girl could be this hard..."

"Hmmmm.... if I were a little girl where would I be?" Shiemi though out loud.

"Maybe she could be at a toy store," Rin suggested.

"That's a good idea Rin!" Shiemi squealed excitedly.

"Thanks..." Rin had a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Come on! I thought I saw a toy store on the way over here!" Shiemi exclaimed as she started walking ahead.

"I'm coming!" Rin said, following close behind.

When they reached the toy store they searched the whole store top to bottom.

They looked on shelfs, under tables, behind the register, behind the door labeled 'Employees Only', On top of shelfs, and behind stuffed animals.

The girl was no where to be seen.

"No good, she isn't here," Rin stated the obvious.

"I'm sorry," Rin said. "I have a bad idea and we went to the wrong place..."

"No No! This was a pretty good idea Rin! I would have never come up with it!" Shiemi tried to make Rin feel better.

"Really?" Rin asked,a smile popping up on his face.

"Of course!" Shiemi smiled back.

.~,*.~,*.~,*
Now we focus on the group of three, Konekomaru, Renzo, and Bon.

They were casually walking around the mall, looking for any signs of the girl they were looking for.

"Uh, hey guys," Renzo started to ask. "Maybe we should check in here?"

He then pointed to the entrance of a candy store.

"Good idea Renzo!" Konekomaru exclaimed.

"Well, let's check then," Bon said as the three then walked inside.

They then walked inside, being as cautious as possible.

They all looked at each other and smirked when they saw the wet with spit lollipop sticks laying all over the floor, so the three then got their weapons at the ready.

"Nummy!" A little girls voice could be heard from behind the counter.

The three slowly made their way to one side of the counter.

Bon then held three fingers up, signaling when they were going to strike.

Three fingers

Two fingers

One fingers

"Ahhhh!" The three yelled as they pointed their weapons, or got ready to say a fatal verse.

But the saw the little girl with black hair in pigtails, with sparkling blue eyes, a blue tint to her lips and she had a blur lollipop in her mouth.

She was confused, why are they looking so meanly at me?
She thought.

She thought that if she would be nice, they would be nice back.

So she took 3 lollipops out of her jacket pocket and handed them to Konekomaru, Renzo, and Bon, hoping that they would accept them.

This left the three confused, they were told she was causing a massacre at the mall but really she was sitting behind the counter of a candy store eating lollipops.

Renzo nervously took one and the little girl had a sparkle in her eyes. She smiled at Renzo as he put it in his mouth.

She then handed the other two lollipops to Bon and Konekomaru, hoping that they will take them.

Bon and Konekomaru didn't trust the little girl, so they didn't take them.

Renzo then cane up with a sorta' brilliant plan.

"Hey little one, are you lost?" He asked.

The little girl nodded and replied: "Ya,"

"Do you know where your parents are?" Bon asked, playing along with Renzo's strategy.

"Nu uh," The little girl replied.

"Do you have a family?" Konekomaru asked.

"Nu uh," The girl replied.

"Then how about you come with us then? I'm sure that we can give you a place to stay!" Resin asked, holding out his hand.

The little girl gladly accepted it as Renzo pulled her up. She still held on tightly as they left the candy store.