Chapter 18 - The Truth

Akari sat up with a jolt, and started to scream and clench her head.

"Akari!!" Rin said worried.

Akari then began to be surrounded by a faint aura of blue. that then bursted into blue flames.

Her ears kept getting pointed and unpointed as she screamed, her pupils turning into slits, then back into normal dots rapidly.

"What's going on?!" Yukio shouted.

.~,*.~,*.~,*.~,*

White. All she could see was white. Exept....for that woman.

Akari was standing in a big void, the only other person other than her was the woman who had just asked Akari to take her hand.

"Wh-What's going on? Where are we?" Akari asked.

"We're in your mind Akari," The woman replied.

"M-My mind?!" Akari exclaimed.

"Yes." The woman replied. "By taking my hand you allowed me to come into your mind, and into your real body in Assisah. But....my father, Satan, has followed us here."

"S-So what do we do now?!" Akari panicked.

"We won't do anything. I'll do the rest," The woman said.

"What do you mean?!" Akari asked.

The woman then walked up to Akari, and kneeled in front of her. She placed a hand lightly on her shoulder and spoke.

"You've already done your part, you've done exactly what you were created to do," The woman smiled.

"Created?!" Akari shouted.

"Yes," the woman said. "Believe it or not I created you using a chunk of my power. I made you so you could be my emergency exit from Gahenna if I needed to leave. You've completed your task Akari."

"S-So...I was meant to help you?" Akari asked. "I'm so confused!"

The woman chuckled. "Well I'll put it this way, your me, and I'm you," She explained. "Do you remember our name, and your true name?"

Akari's eyes widened. "Our name....Our name??...Our name!!! Our name is Akumu!"

Akumu hugged Akari tightly, smiling. "Yes, that's right. Now say it as loud as you can, okay?"

Akari nodded. "Akumu!!!!"

A blue light surrounded Akari as she started to fade slightly. Akumu's grip softened as the faded girl seemed to merge with her body.

Akumu smiled.

"Thank you...Akari,"