Chapter 9

Maya’s prov

Today is the day; it’s been a long time since I was optimistic. Yes I’m optimistic today because Mr. Cory gave us the best homework I’ve ever had in my life.

I prepared myself for the new day and I found a message was sent to my phone, I opened it to find a video sent by Harry and a text was written saying “It was my pleasure to have this dance with you ;) ”

I smiled just by seeing that simple text and I opened the video and it was a video of me and Harry spinning around, dancing in the middle of the ice rink! Wow this was so beautiful, my cheeks blushed when I saw how Harry and I were so close from each other. I shook away my thoughts and picked my things and left.

When I reached the school, I went to my locker and as I expected, Harry was waiting for me there putting on his precious smile. “Hey!” I smiled greeting him. “Hey! How are you doin? I noticed that your face is shining today!” He asked admiring my face.

“Yeah, have you noticed? Well, I’m so excited for the history class today.” “Good! Have you finished the essay?” He asked excitedly.

“No not really, I mean yeah I finished it but I will put my feelings in what I’ll say not in papers.” I shrugged. He looked amazed “That’s exactly what I was thinking!”

“Really? Looks like we have common taste.” I said teasing.

“Yeah, I guess so. And… I don’t mind actually!” He said staring at me, I felt that pressure again.
“Oh yeah! How did you get that video of us dancing? I can’t deny that it was so beautiful.” I said impatient to hear his answer.

“Aww thank you. Well, I asked someone to film it.” He said smiling proudly gazing at me with those intense eyes of him.

We stayed there gazing at each other for a moment till Madison came, really this stupid ruins everything good!

“Wooh! Maya and Harry! I’m so excited to hear your essays!” She said teasing. That bitch!

I huffed in irritation and Harry rolled his eyes but, luckily the English class was about to begin so, we left and entered the class ignoring her like if she was talking to herself.

The day was so boring till the history class finally came….

“Beautiful day guys, isn’t it?” Mr. Cory said excitedly as he entered the class. All of us greeted him then he started to speak again “So, have you finish your homework? I’m so excited to hear all of you.” He said smiling rubbing his hands in excitement, he then looked at Madison. “Okay let’s start with Madison!”

Madison was surprised that he called her first. She stood up and stood facing us smiling her fake smile.

“Hi of course you know my name but I’ll start from the begin. My name is Madison Maynard and I’m known as the queen of the John Quincy Adams School. So Mr. Cory wanted me to write an essay about what makes me happy but there a lot of things that makes me happy. I got everything that I need, I got a perfect look, a perfect body, so much money and a luxurious life so why can’t I be happy when I got all of these huh?” She said chuckling, everyone was raising their eyebrows at her words. She looked embarrassed that no one opened his mouth, guess that her speech had finished.

She cleared her throat “Ookay I finished.” She said waiting for a clapping sound but there was a few people clapping for her including of course Tobias. They clapped in order not to make her embarrassed more than she was actually and Mr. Cory thanked her for that short silly essay but of course he didn’t say that.  The reason why Mr. Cory hadn’t chosen a partner with Madison was because that all of us know that if there was a partner with her, she wouldn’t make him speak besides that no one wanted to be with her.