Chapter 4

Maya's prov

The next day, I prepared myself as usual and headed to school for another new day. Weekend had finished anyways.

And well... nothing new had happened during the day and when the lunch time came, I went as usual to the far table in the corner and started to eat in peace but then someone always had to bother me! I saw Harry coming feeling so confident towards me and then he sat on the table facing me, he smiled showing his perfect white teeth "Hey! How are you doin?" I was eating my burger and raised my eyebrow at him "Do you really think that your charm is gonna work on me too?" I asked in a matter of sarcasm.

Really what does he think himself?! It's not because that he's the most handsome boy here, he can play with me too like those bitches.

He bit his lips making them in a thin line and his eyebrows were scrunched like he was thinking so deeply, and after like ten seconds he broke the silence asking "Why are you acting like that? Why are you so rough?? I always try to be nice with you but you always shut me out... What did I do to make you treat me in that way??"

"It's me. It's my personality, and I won't change it for anyone whether you like it or not! So, if you are bothered so much from the way I treat you, do me a favor and go away!" I said with anger, to be honest neither did I knew why I was treating him so coldly like that.

"Then fix it." He immediately said. "I don't want to be fixed." I said it in a song tune. He got upset and angry a little bit. Wow! This guy really can't hide his facial expressions.

"Listen Maya, I know that there must be something happened making you the way you are now, but whatever it is.... You have to treat people who try to be nice with you better or at least, you have to smile, a true smile. I don't say that wow life is so beautiful. Life isn't full of butterflies and rainbows everyday but... it's not that bad, right?" "Wow! And you're the one who will help me to be happy?!" I said chuckling way too surprised.

This has to be a joke right? What is he trying to explain?!

He crossed his arms and sighed thinking a second about what would he say "I will. If I have to."

"I just...don't want to get hurt." The words came out of my mouth; my voice was nearly above a whisper but he heard it and smiled warmly "I will never do or even think like that." I replied with an unsure smile. "Then, friends?" He asked giving me his hands to shake, I didn't know what to do, I was sure that we are not going to be real friends, I just shrugged that off and shook his hands, putting an unsure smile again on my face "Friends." This guy is really persistent and I don't like it!

His face lighted up, and his eyes were more glowing. Wow he was so cute. No way Maya! Don't ever think like that, just remember they're all the same.

"Great! Umm I think that the history class is about to begin. Are you gonna come with me?" He said not fading his smile. "Oh y-yeah, I will."

We were heading to the class but I was so uncomfortable during our way to it. There was an uncomfortable silence for him, but he broke it "So, umm remember when you told me that you don't trust me?" "Yes." He seemed like he was trying to find the good words. "So, do you trust me now? I mean that you accepted to be my friend. So, what's the reason? Do y-you trust me now?" I thought a second "A little bit. Plus that you're the only one who I don't....hate here."

He laughed and those beautiful dimples of him appeared so clearly, they were so beautiful, I couldn't stop staring at him "Well, then I am thankful for that." He said without stopping his cheeky smile. And then we reached our history class.

Mr. Cory greeted us cheerfully as always.......

"Students, today we're going to talk about the most important thing in life, which was the reason of so many legend incidents in history and still so important in life, I don't think that someone can live without it an-" I couldn't help myself but to raise my hands to tell them what that thing was, I know it so well. I interrupted Mr. Cory and he saw me and stopped "Yes, Mrs. Hart?" He smiled excitedly because I rarely participate in classes. I took a long breath "Family."

He made a confused expression "Why do we have to bring something like this in the class?" he asked. "Because that's what we're talkin about. Family, It's the important thing in life that no one can live without it no matter who they are."

His face showed that he liked my answer, all of who were there seemed that they were thinking about what I had said too, and even Harry was impressed by my answer. I know that I was hundred present right.

"Well you're totally right. Yeah, it's the most important thing in life. I to be honest was going to talk about a different thing but, your answer Maya is better. So, today we're going to talk about family." Mr. Cory said excitedly. "Aha and if you are going to talk today about it Mr. Cory, sorry I will leave. I kinda feel like that this lesson is useless to me." I said standing from my place heading towards the door; everyone was confused by the way I acted. I was about to leave but Mr. Cory called my name "Maya!"

I looked at him waiting for what he would say "You do not walk outta here!" I smiled to him and left before I could not control my tears that were fighting me to get out.

I didn't know where to go because they don't open the gates of the school until the leaving time, so I went to the only place where I think that no one will find me there. It was a dark room besides the lockers where no one had come there since ages. It was locked but I had found a way to open it, students thought that it was a scary place because there were no lights there and it was full of dust, I guess it was a small old library because there were books covered with dust there. Well to be so messed like that was expected, I mean did I expect from these jerks to go to a library?? But I really think that it was a good place to go to. I love reading books, to get out from this cruel world, I love being in my illusions and my imaginations because then, you can do anything that you're impossible to do in reality. It's just...amazing.

I closed the door and stayed there until the history class had finished. I couldn't help myself but burst in tears, really it hurts so much just to think about it.

After few minutes I heard people talking, there was a really loud noise out the room. It was the leaving time, means that this entire crowd was because that it was the end of all the classes today. I stayed there little more minutes because I didn't wanna get out in this big crowd, but then I saw someone trying to open the door.

I was afraid that it could be some of those mean girls that came to bother me or the headmaster or just someone who could get me in trouble.