Chapter 64: Ready For Ya

Demi's POV

Hayley seems to be doing a lot better since she started high school. She doesn't beg to stay home or call me crying during the day like she did last year. I really hope that this means that she made a friend.

As soon as Hayley gets home from school on Friday, I tell her that Sirah will be over to watch her once I leave, and I head up to my room to get ready for my "date" with Wilmer. It's not an official date, or at least I don't think it is, but I'm nervous all the same. I'm ready at 4 and go to the front entrance to wait for Wilmer's car.

"Where are you going?" Hayley asks as I step down the last stair into the living room.

"Somewhere," I reply, not wanting to cause a scene.

"Fine! Excuse me for asking!" Hayley says angrily, running back up the stairs.

Take back what I said about her doing better. If anything her anger is worse, but I just don't want to admit it because then it seems like I'm doing a bad job.

The doorbell rings and outside the door stands Wilmer Valderrama, the love of my life. He takes my arm and leads me to his car, opening the door for me. How did I get so lucky?

Hayley's POV

I don't understand why Demi seems to ignore me these days. It's almost like, now that she feels as if I'm doing a little better, she can just act like her life is still the way it was before I came into it. It totally sucks! The only upside is that Demi doesn't notice anything going on that might upset her; I don't want to disappoint her.

Sirah is coming to "keep me company" today. I know that Demi only says that so that I don't know how she feels about leaving me home alone. She's probably scared that I'm going to kill myself or something equally terrible in her mind. Sirah's cool, but sometimes I just want to be left alone.

Like I said, I just want to be treated like a normal 14 year old girl for once in my life! Please, Demi.

---

So, do you guys like Dilmer in this story or should I kill their relationship?