Chapter 59: In Real Life

It's been dark for a while and I don't even know how late it is. I follow the street, using my memory, to find my kindergarten teacher's house. Although I don't want to bother her because she's probably sleeping, I ring the doorbell and hope for the best.

"Hello," she says, opening the door. "Why don't you come in?"

I step into her house. "Thank you," I say.

"Are you hungry?" she asks, handing me an apple.

I nod and accept the apple. Even though I know that I need this apple, I struggle to keep it down. I stay in her guest room and she goes back to bed in her own room.

Demi's POV

I wake up in my hotel and immediately think about Hayley. I try calling her phone again, but, of course, she doesn't answer. Does she even have her phone with her?

I get dressed and go to the gym to clear my head of the stress of being on tour and missing Hayley. Working out has always been a form of meditation for me and I wonder if Hayley would enjoy it. She shouldn't be exercising much since she's still barely eating, but I'll take her once she starts to show even more improvement. That is, if I ever see her again.

After the concert that night, I go back to bed and cry myself to sleep, scared for Hayley and hoping that she is safe and sound. I wish that I didn't have to be on tour. I need to see Hayley again.