Chapter 70: Gonna Get Caught

Demi's POV

After I bring Lydia back to her house, I drive over to Wilmer's. I told Hayley that I would only be gone around 2 hours until 7, but I wish that I could be with him longer. It's hard trying to date around Hayley and not let her feel too left out. 

"Hey Demi," Wilmer greets as I step inside. "I missed you."

I smile and we hug before going to sit in his living room.

"I was wondering," he starts, later in our conversation, "when I could meet Hayley."

"Um," I say, "I'm not sure. She feels a little left out because we're spending more time together, but I'm sure I could arrange something."

"How about we go back to your place right now and I could at least see her. I'm dying to see your daughter." He smiles.

"Okay," I reply.

I drive my car back to my house with Wilmer in the passenger seat. When we pull up to the house, I suddenly get a bad feeling and tell Wilmer to wait in the living room while I go to get Hayley from her room.

I walk up the stairs cautiously and step into Hayley's room without knocking. I gasp as soon as I realize why it felt like something was wrong. Hayley is sitting with her back to the door, but I can tell that she's cutting.

"Hayley! What are you doing?" I try not to yell, but I am quite upset at her.

She turns around and her eyes grow big. She tries to hide the blade, but I see it on time and grab it from her, gaining a small cut in the palm of my hand from the force.

"I promise that I haven't in a long time!" she says, probably trying to avoid punishment or rehab.

I know that I won't send her to rehab at 14, but she needs more help than I can give her.

"Tomorrow you're going to therapy," I state.

Hayley looks up at me with pleading eyes, but I am not giving in. This has been going on for too long and she really needs help. I'm afraid that there could be a deeper issue.

She cries loudly into my shoulder and I hold her close to me, hoping that Wilmer will understand. I know him and I think he will. He helped me and I am glad to have his support in everything.