Chapter 51: One & The Same

"Hayley!" Demi calls up the stairs.

"Coming!" I yell back, running down the stairs, wincing a little from the friction on my fresh cuts.

"Hi! I'm back for the day. Are you feeling better?" She hugs me and I sigh.

"A bit," I reply a few tears forming at the memory of my school morning.

"Good," Demi smiles. "I'll make us supper."

I groan. I had managed to miss lunch since Demi wasn't home, but, of course, she won't let me get out of eating supper.

"I can help," I reply. At least then I can figure out and try to control the calories and fat going into my food. I'm still going to try to purge, though.

Demi actually makes a salad, which I'm grateful for.

"No dressing please," I try to beg.

"You need it," Demi replies, dumping a whole packet of dressing on top of the salad. I almost gag thinking of the fat, but don't complain.

Demi separates the salad onto two plates, giving me less than herself, which brings a small smile of relief that disappears just as soon as it comes, knowing that I'm still going to have to eat it all.

I eat most of my salad, then sit back. "I'm done," I announce, looking at Demi.

"No you aren't," she corrects. "You will finish, and then you will help me clean up."

I inwardly groan, then take another forkful. I want to beg, but I don't want to come across as bratty.

I finish after Demi, but she smiles when I finish my whole plate with only a little salad dressing left behind. I bring my plate to the counter and walk to the bathroom so I can throw up.

"No!" Demi sternly warns before grabbing my arm.

"I just need to pee," I explain. I actually don't, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Then you have to let me stand outside the door."

"Fine," I grump, walking back into the kitchen to help Demi clean up.

Demi checks the clock once we're finished. "You can go now," she says.

"Thank you," I sass, still upset.

"If you need to talk..." Demi starts, but I walk away before she can finish the sentence.

As I make it up to my room, I slam the door a little too dramatically and take off my sweater. The bandages are partially soaked through, but not too badly. I change into sweat pants and put a tank-top on over my bra. I fix my ponytail and start doing jumping jacks. Then, I move to crunches. I must burn off this fat!

Almost an hour later, I'm exhausted. So, I lay in bed and quickly fall asleep. I hope I have exercised enough.