Chapter 23; The girl who broke down, and the boys who cares

Start from the beginning

Klay looked at me through the tears in his eyes, and it only took me holding up my hand for him to fall apart, clenching to my palm as he sat down on his knees besides the bed.

He put my hand to his forehead and started to cry, much like Elliot.

I looked at the other boys. My friends.

Reagan stared at the floor, clenching his jaw as if he was trying to stop himself from breaking down, too.

Thomas looked at me, but his eyes were unclear as if he wasn't really here.

Oliver was stood besides Klay, rubbing his now flame red hair, and Caleb stared at me with tears already streaming down his face.

This boys were crying for me. And I wanted to cry too.

When was the last time I cried? Really cried, sobbing and all?

Then I broke down.

It was all too much. The looks on their face only made me realize in what kind of situation I was in. What Mr. Hobson tried to do to me.

It was as if my almost quiet sobbing awoke them- especially Reagan. Elliot pulled away, Thomas taking his hand to help him sit on a chair Grey once occupied.

Reagan took Elliot place, making me move on the bed to give him enough space to sit.

He put his arm around my shoulder, and I found myself crying while pressing my face to his neck.

With the arm around my shoulder, he used his fingers to massage my sculp in a comforting way, and his other palm came to rest on the side of my face, his thumb rubbing my cheek.

"I'm sorry," I said in a barely there voice. I didn't know if anyone else could hear besides Reagan.

Snuffling and my sobs were the only voices that filled the room.

"I'm sorry," I managed to repeat again, loader this time.

I saw Klay raising his head to look at me, rubbing his face and slightly red eyes. "What the f*ck are you apologizing for?" He asked, blowing his nose with a tissue Thomas handed him.

What was I apologizing for? For not being honest with them? For thinking I could handle things by myself because I didn't realize how much in trouble I was?

Maybe I was apologizing they had to be around someone like me.

Someone who said nothing about themselves.

"Why didn't you tell us, Rhi?" It was Thomas who asked, bringing a chair for Klay, Caleb and Oliver to sit on but not for himself. He always did put others first. Or maybe he just didn't want to sit.

I waited for moment for my sobbing to stop, drying my tears with the blanket.

"I didn't know it would get this... bad. I thought I could handle this. I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys," I told them, looking at each and every one of them. Even Oliver, the guy who I thought had no feelings looked like he was one second from tearing up.

"That's right," Reagan said, making me pull away slightly to look at him. "you should've had. But instead of nagging you about your stupidity to not do so, we'll ask that you'll tell us everything next time." He said, his fingers tracing my face and drying the last of my tears. I stared into those dark eyes that made me feel so warm and protected.

Then, I glanced at the other before nodding.

"You don't have to deal with things by yourself anymore, Rhi." Elliot said, trying to keep in the tears this time. Who would've thought that the grumpy boy, who just a month or two ago hated me, was actually crying for me.

Who would've thought this boys would care so much for me. I had friends. No, they were more than that. They were my family.

"You're not alone, okay?" Thomas said, taking my and in his and squeezing in once before letting go, as if to emphasize his words. "We're in this together."

Suddenly a smiled formed on my face, making the other look at me with question in their eyes.

"I just thought of High School Musical," I told them and started to laugh, and finally smiles and grins appeared on their faces.

I had to let them know more about myself. If they were my friends, they deserved to know.

I just had to figure out how.

"Also, you guys should know that I get pretty touchy with people that are close to me," I pointed out, and just to prove a point I turned towards Reagan and press the tip of my index finger to his cheek.

He took a hold of my finger with his own hand, bringing it to his mouth before pressing is lips to my finger.

"I wouldn't mind," He told me with a heated gaze, and I felt my cheeks getting warmer as I stared at him.

"Oh, for f*ck sake! Get a room, you too." Klay yelled at us, his face scowling. Reagan glared at him, then he took off his shoes and threw it at him.

Klay gaped at his friend after the shoe made contact with his chest, putting a hand to his heart. "And I thought we had something special between us, cute boy," He shook his head.

None of us were surprised when Reagan's second shoe flew at him, fast enough to hit Klay before he could even move.

 ~*~   

Hopefully I made someone tear up. Hopefully

Vote

comment

Follow

StellarK25