Chapter 25; The girl who asked for forgiveness, and the officer's secret

*A very, very long chapter ahead. Good luck.*

*Unedited *

Enjoy the chapter!

*

I was walking back home that day instead of taking the bus. It was a long walk, but I needed to think.

As I passed by that all-girls academy, I caught the sight of the headmaster. I didn't stop in my track and kept going, our eyes locking as I moved passed her.

There was a weird look on her face, making me tense and not relax even after a few good miles of walking.

We haven't heard much from her, which contrast with what my uncle told me about her once. He said she tried a lot of times to close down his school.

But now that I think about it, she did send some more girls to our school when it's not yet safe.

I was almost completely sure at that moment she was planning something, and it wasn't going to be good.

I heard the screech of tires of the road besides me, making me stop to look. From the black car, a few men stepped out. My heart skipped a beat when they started to head towards me. I froze. Should I run or wait for them to reach me and see what is it that they wanted from me.

"Do you need something?" I asked, but none of them answered. Okay, this was my signal. Without wasting another second, I bolted, noting that they were now following me.

Uncle's words made me shiver. You've always been the type of a person to get into troubles.

Yes, I did. But it wasn't my fault, not this time.

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. This neighborhood was one of the poorer ones, and I realized that I should've took the opposite way when I exited the school. I went the wrong way.

With those thoughts in my head, I ran quickly through an ally, hiding behind a big dumpster. Maybe this was my fault, after all. After all, if I would've taken the bus instead of walking home without fully knowing where to go, this wouldn't have happened.

I almost wanted to scream. Why did theses things always happened to me?

When I couldn't hear anyone around, I allowed myself to relax a bit, but still didn't come out of my hiding place.

I waited a minute after a minute, to scared to see if they were still there. With my heart beating fast and hands shaking, took out my phone, staring at the contacts list.

But who was I going to call? The boys won't talk to me, and those who do probably think the same as my uncle. That I get into troubles all of the time. However, I couldn't get myself to move, too terrified that whoever they were, they were still out there waiting for me.

Then Officer's Jason's name got caught in my eye.

This was good. He was a cop, he could help me.

Without another second, I quickly dialed his number, hoping I wasn't bothering him too much.

"Hello?" His voice answered, making my pulse to calm down a bit. "It's me, R-Rhiannon, I mean." And then next thing I knew, I broke down, trying to stifle my sobs incase someone was still here. "What wrong? Where are you?" He asked, and after a quick look on a maps app I answered him. "I'll be right there." He hang up, making me promise to call again if anything else happened until he reached me.