Chapter 3; The intrigued girl, and the shy boy

Picture is Caleb

*I don't own the photos that will be put in the story, all the rights belong to their owners!*

*

The bus station was empty when I got there. It might have been for the fact that most of the people in my neighborhood were too rich to let themselves ride such a vehicle.

I didn't care about riding it, not at all. Usually, I preferred taking it.
In the ride, I tried my best not to think too much so I wouldn't give myself a headache. Instead, I looked at the people on the bus and the sidewalk, thinking about each and every one of their stories.
The guy with the dog had to wake up early to walk his pet outside, but he didn't seem to mind. He must really love the dog.
Another woman walked in a hurry with a plastic bag; I thought the food in her house ran out, so she went to buy more so her kids wouldn't leave home without food in their stomach.
On the bus there were two guys sitting next to each other. One of them looked a bit angry at the other, and the second guy tried to talk to him.
By the time they got out of the bus, they were already holding hands.
My heart warmed at the sight and I mentally cheered for them.

When the bus finally got to my stop, I was finishing the ninth story.

The station was located in front of the emergency exit, so I had to go around the school to get to the main gate. Even from where I was standing, I could hear all the students' chatters. They certainly didn't know how to keep their damn voices down.

I think I'm starting to understand why Uncle Bart was so troubled.

I didn't even walk in yet and I'm already getting the picture.

Walking in the pavement near the entrance was a pain. Every one pushed the person besides them. The fact that I wasn't as tall as they were didn't help, because I think no one noticed me beside their big figures. I wonder how long until they do.

At least I knew how to throw a punch, and they were all boys. The more places to hit them, the safer I was in this jungle.

The school did not look like jungle, though, like I expected it to be. Uncle did like wild animals a lot.

It looked modern and classy, reminds me a bit of the private schools I went to. Well, except for the sea of teenage boys walking through the gate. The entrance wasn't even that big, so I almost got pushed into one of the Iron poles on the side of the metal gate.

Finally inside in the big open space of the front yard, I was open to all eyes. Some of the boys in the groups caught the sight of me and gaped. Others were smiling. Some looked like they were about to take a bite of me. I would probably kick them before they could. Moving a hand through my long hair and fixing my sunglasses, I headed towards the main building. Or, in this case, the only one. The sun was too much for me to handle today, so I didn't take my light relief glasses in the hallways. Hopefully, it'll be okay in the classrooms. No teacher will allow my glasses in class without a full explanation (perhaps the stupid ones will), and I wasn't going to tell every problem I have on my first day.

Maybe on the second day I will. Yeah, probably never.

I think it was said that it will get cloudy later today.
Walking down towards the principal's office wasn't as hard as I have expected it to be; I thought that some boys will try talking to me, but all I got was stares. They must have been shocked, and I wondered if Uncle actually considered telling them before I came. It seems like he didn't.
What a hopeless man he is.

*

I thought I knew where to go, but at some point I managed to get lost.

And there was no one to ask for directions. The bell rang fifteen minutes ago, so I ran out of options.
Eventually, I gave up and sat in the corridors against the lockers.
So much for being the 'cool Rhi'.
I tried playing by myself hopscotch, though when I got tired and my eyes started to hurt because I moved my glasses, I stopped.
It made me look like a weirdo, anyway.