Chapter 23; The girl who broke down, and the boys who cares

Start from the beginning

He nodded and wrote the things I said. Grey frowned at me, and I met his gaze in question. "Why would he get peace and quiet once you were gone?" He asked me, making me sheepishly scratch the back of my neck.

"Well, he was never really a fun of me. At first I thought it was because I was a girl, and he didn't like the plan my-" I stopped, realizing Grey didn't know about my uncle being the principal. Then, I quickly corrected myself after faking a cough. "-the principal's plan with accepting only one girl to an all boys school, but then when a few more girl came and they didn't get the same treatment I started to think maybe it wasn't very normal." I finished explaining.

Grey turned from the soft, happy self he was seconds ago, into an angry one. "It wasn't the first time he tried to corner her, either." Officer Jason suddenly cut in. My eyes widened, and I found myself shaking my head at him.

However, he paid me no attention as he told Grey about the other time Mr. Hobson confronted me.

I sighed. Now I was really done for. He'll probably tell about this to the boys, which will make my situation worse. I was never going to walk a foot without one of them next to me.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me about this? I'm a cop, I could've helped you." Grey pointed out, making me scowl at him.

"Because you're one scary motherf*cker," I simply. Officer Jason chocked on the water he drank as I was talking.

Grey's gaze softened before he sighed.

"Well, we had to call your uncle and tell him about everything, and he said it might be best to avoid telling your aunt." He told me, and I only nodded at first.

Then I realized what just said.

"Wait, what?! What d-do you mean," I turned to Jason, "What the f*ck does he mean?!"

Grey held up my phone before putting it on the table beside the bed, making my gape at him. "Y-you know..."

He didn't need me to continue as he nodded in reply.

I lowered my gaze down. Now, I was really done for.

He was going to tell the guys everything I tried keeping from them.

"I won't tell them anything," He said, making me raise my head so fast it almost hurt my neck. "You won't?" I asked, as if what he said was my imagination.

"No. It'd your story to tell, not mine. Just..." He stopped for a moment before continuing, "Make sure to tell them as soon as possible." I nodded, though in my head I didn't know if I could hold my end of the deal.

"Where are they, anyways?" I asked, and the door suddenly opened with a bang.

I jumped in surprised, looking at all of the guys as they hurried towards me.

Grey and Officer Jason exited the room, and I realized I forgot to ask how come they were there together. They must've been friends, or coworkers. Maybe both.

Elliot came first, holding my hand as moving as eyes over me even though he could actually look for any injury. I squeezed his hand once so he'll know it was okay to hug me, and that it won't hurt.

A moment later, his arms were around me and he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I felt something warm there, and it took me a second to understand he was crying.

I looked at the other guys as I wrapped my hand around him, moving my hand through his soft hair.

He must've been terrified, thinking about someone else getting hurt by somebody like he was.