Shot 7

The next day :

Omkara was pacing back and forth in his cabin. Riddhi enters his cabin.

Riddhi: What happened Omkie? Mein tumhara sir daba doon?(What happened Omkie?shall I massage your head?)

Omkara: Riddhi please leave and stop calling me Omkie.

Riddhi: itna bhadak kyun rahe ho? Maine toh tumhare bhale ki hi baat ki.(Why are you getting so annoyed? I was just trying to help you relax)

Omkara: itna bhala sochne ki zaroorat nahi hai. I'm already tensed please leave.
(NO thank you. Don't have to think so much for me.
Riddhi: Fine. I'm already tensed please leave.)

Omkara's POV:
Pata nahi iss Riddhi se kaise chutkara mile. Gauri tum kab aogi? I'm waiting for you please jaldi aa jao. Ughh!!! (Don't know how to get rid of this Riddhi. Gauri when will you come back? I'm waiting for you. Please come back. Uggh!!!)

Omkara presses a buzzer in his cabin and Ria enters.

Ria: YES sir?

Omkara:Ria Gauri abhi tak nahi ayi?(Ria did Gauri come yet?)

Ria: No Sir.

Omkara: Okay. Tum apna kaam karon.(Okay. Get back to work)

Ria: Okay Sir.

Ria takes some files from Om's desk and leaves his cabin.

Omkara's Pov:
Gauri please wapis aou. Tarap raha hai yeh Omkara. Please nahi jee sakta tumhe dekhe bina.(Gauri please return. Omkara can't stay without catching a glimpse of you. I'm burning internally Gauri please come back)

Omkara tries to keep himself indulged in his work and remains absent minded most of the time.

A week passes and Gauri's absence continues. Omkara is irritated and finally decides to visit Gauri's House today.

Omkara's POV:
Ab bas tumhe mein mana Ke Le aunga. (Now I only have to lift your mood up and bring you back.)

That day in Trivedi chawl:
Gauri is chopping something on the cutting board. Gauri has flashes of that night. They way that monster pounced on her. The valour in which Omkara saved her, protected her self respect. Truly commendable. Lost in her thoughts she cut her finger with a knife.
'Aaghh!!!' Gauri shrieked in pain.
The cut was deep. Warm, red blood was oozing out from the youthful skin. Tear drops rolled down Gauri's cheeks. She went to the wash basin and put her hand under the cold running water. The water ran down her finger, totally red. After a while, the water stopped pouring.

Gauri(patting the mouth of the tap) : kya hua?? (what happened?)

She tried several ways to switch on the tap. All her efforts in vain, she called Anika.

Anika : Kya hua chutki? (What happened chutki?)

Gauri: Di dekhiye na di.... Pani nahi aa raha hai. (See here Di. The water isn't coming)

Before Anika was able to say anything a woman entered swirling a bunch of keys around her index finger. It was very obvious that she was the land lady.

Land lady: Shukr karo ki bas pani ka line kaata hai. Ghar se nahi nikla. Teen mahine  se tum logo ne kiraya nahi diya hai.  Ab mein aur bardasht nahi karungi. (Thank god that I have switched off the water line only. I didn't throw you'll out of my house. Its been three months and you'll still haven't paid the rent. I won't tolerate it any more.)

Anika: Aunty meri baat to suniye.... (Aunty please listen to me....)

Anika tried various ways to manipulate the land lady. Gauri went into her room and applied some ointment and covered her wound with a band aid. Distressed she sat down thinking of a solution to the money problem. She recalled that Ria had given her 5000 rupees as advance. She had kept it in a drawer of the cupboard. She quickly took out the brown envelope from the cupboard and ran to Anika who was still requesting to the land lady.

Gauri could never tolerate her family sufferring. She handed the envelope to the land lady.

Land lady : Kya hai yeh? (what is this?)

Gauri: 5000 rupaye hai Aunty.(5000 rupees Aunty)

Land lady: 3 mahine ke hisaab se  30000 rupaye hote hai. Tu mujhe bas 5000 rupaye de rahi hai.(According to my calculations, three months counts to 30000 and you're giving me only 5000?)

Gauri: mujhe pata hai Aunty. Paise milte hi hum pura kiraya de denge.. (I know Aunty. But as soon as I get some money we'll clear all our debts)

Land lady: Chal theek hai ek hafte ka time diya tujhe. (Okay. I give you one week's time)

AniRi: thank you Aunty.

The land lady leaves. Anika turns to Gauri with questioning eyes.

Gauri: mujhe pata hai di aap zaroor soch rahi hai ki itne paise kaha se aye? Woh darasal yeh paise mujhe advance mein mile the.
(I know di. You must be thinking from where did I get so much money? Actually I got this money as an advance pay)

Anika(cupping her face) : meri chutki badi ho gayi. (my chutki grew big)

The sisters tightly hug each other.

Gauri and Omkara's face are collaged and the screen freezes.
_____________________________

I'm so sorry for the late and short update. I have a very tight schedule and writing is a little difficult.

Pardon any errors. No proofread.

If you liked the story then you know the drill-vote, comment and share. Lastly, love ya! XOXO 😘❤️
Target:
15 votes
5 comments.
Love, love❤️♥️💞