Chapter 13

Third person POV

Akashi stayed with Sumire for the night but in the morning, he still had to go to school. He woke up to Sumire's sleeping face and let out a ghost of a smile. He got up and went back to his room to change and get ready for school.

Once he was all ready, he walked back to Sumire's room to bid her goodbye. Akashi slowly approached her bed and sat down. Feeling the bed dip beside her, Sumire's eyes flutter open to see Akashi smiling down at her.

She gave him a small smile and tried to get up. She couldn't move no matter how hard she tried and whenever she made a small turn or anything, her vision got blurry and she felt dizzy. Soon giving up, Sumire just lay still in a comfortable position.

"I'm going to school now. Wait for me."-Akashi

"Hm... I'll m-miss you"-Sumire

Due to her fever, she couldn't really speak. And when she did, it was barely audible. But Akashi still understood. He caressed her face and leaned down to give her a kiss on the forehead.

"Be good while I'm gone. Get some rest and I'll be back before you know it. I'll miss you too"-Akashi

Sumire gave a small hum before Akashi stood up and headed to school. Akashi got to school and throughout the whole day, he felt...different without Sumire with him. He went to do the Student council work and felt that he was progressing way slower then normal.

Finally school ended and he was walking to the gym for basketball practice. The first person he saw when he got there was Midorima. The second their eyes met, Midorima came running.

"How's Kanade? Is she okay? Why is she not here today? Was she injured that bad? I knew I should have gotten her her lucky item yesterday..."-Midorima

Akashi wasn't that surprised at his reaction but found it quite amusing. To think that the Tsundere carrot was worrying about someone so openly. Akashi chuckled in his head.

"Sumire's fine. Though she had to stay back for a few days because of her fever. Her injuries were pretty bad but it's good that she didn't break anything. You can come visit her after practice."-Akashi

"O-oh... I see. I'll visit her. Thanks Akashi."-Midorima

Akashi nodded before leading the way into the gym. Once he was inside, everyone gathered around and asked Akashi how their teammate was doing. Akashi answered the same thing as before except he didn't offer them to visit. He didn't want them to know about Sumire's secret.

He had been planning to tell Midorima about Sumire since she said it was fine, so this was the perfect chance. Practice soon ended and Akashi and Midorima walked back to Akashi's house together.

When they arrived, the servants all bowed at the sight of Akashi. He gave them a slight nod before heading upstairs to Sumire's room. Once they arrived, Akashi knocked a few times on the door, then pushed in.

The room was dark so Akashi walked over to the windows and pulled the curtains apart a little. Just enough light came in so they could see. Akashi sat down on the bed and placed a hand over her cheek, causing her to stir before waking up.

"Hey, I'm back. I brought Midorima to visit."-Akashi

"Hm..."-Sumire

Akashi beckoned Midorima to come closer from his position next to the door. He walked forwards and kneeled down beside the bed. It was only then that he had noticed the ears that popped up on her head.

"Wait, What?!"-Midorima

"Hm? Ahh... you see, I've been meaning to tell you this. Sumire is actually half cat."-Akashi