Chapter 3

Third person POV

On the way back to the Akashi mansion, it was quiet and relaxing. The only sounds to be heard was the sound of the car, and also the little girls gentle breathing. She felt really sleepy and used Akashi's lap as a pillow to sleep on. Akashi smiled tenderly at the girl while playing with her long hair.

Once they arrived, the driver opened the door for them and they went straight to Akashi's room.

"You can relax now, Sumire."

"Hai."

Akashi walked over to his desk to put his bag down, while Sumire settled herself on his bed. The moment she lied down, ears and tails popped out. Akashi who knew this already walked over to her and sat on the edge of the bed. He set his laptop on his lap and scrolled through the papers reading them thoroughly, while his other hand was rubbing Sumire behind her cat ears. From time to time she would purr or move to get more contact, and Akashi found this absolutely adorable. She soon feel asleep and Akashi quickly finished off his work. After about an hour, they were called for dinner.

They sat next to each other and Sumire got scolded for almost falling asleep while eating. Akashi also told her off for not finishing the food in her plate. they both went back to their respective rooms to finish off what they had to do.

Sumire did her homework and read and did the work Akashi gave her before falling asleep on the floor. Akashi walked back in after a shower and heaved a sigh. He carried her off the ground and tucked her in. He made sure she finished everything and then turned off the lights.

He patted her head for one last time before standing up to leave for his own room, but something stopped him from doing so. He looked down and realized that Sumire was clinging on to his shirt in a curled up position. It was a heart warming sight.

"Stay?"

"Hah.. only for tonight okay?"

"Un!"

Akashi climbed in and joined her. The small girl hugged him by the waist while he rubbed small circles on her back. They fell asleep like that.

The next day, they woke up and got ready for school. When they arrived, Akashi sent her to her class before leaving for his own. Sumire tried her best not to fall asleep in class. It didn't work. She got woken by her classmate saying that it was now lunch time and someone was calling for her.

She wondered who it was and walked out the classroom, where she found a girl who she didn't recognize. She was told to follow her, so she did, being the densest and most oblivious person on earth.

She lead Sumire to the back of the school and that's when a few more girls came up behind her.

"Do you know why we called you here?"

What looked like The 'leader' of the group started.

"U-um no...?"

"Well I'll tell you now. Why are you so close to Akashi?"

"I-um..."

"Someone like you doesn't deserve him! Stay away from him!"

Sumire was shocked and didn't get time to react when the girl slapped her and ordered the other girls to hold her down. The girl pulled out a pocket knife and ran it along Sumire's arm leaving a deep cut, and blood dripping down.

"Ahh!!! I-itai!"

Sumire cried out before fainting and loosing her consciousness from blood loss.

"Stop right now!"

They all stopped and turned around to see a furious Akashi glaring at them.

"Get away from her."