Chapter 10

Third person POV

The other members soon arrived at the gym around 5 minutes after Sumire and Aomine's little game. When they walked in, the saw Aomine lying face down in the middle of the court. They sweat dropped and looked over to the benches. Momoi was on her phone and Akashi was looking through some papers with Sumire sleeping on his lap. Akashi had slipped Sumire into his jacket to keep her warm.

They soon head off to the lockers and they weren't that shocked because the closeness Akashi and Sumire showed was something that was already part of their daily lives. Midorima was the first one out and he walked over to Akashi.

"What are you looking at?"-Midorima

"Hm? Oh, just the strategies for this match that Sumire came up with last night."-Akashi

"Can I take a look?"-Midorima

"Go ahead"-Akashi

After saying that, Akashi handed the stack of paper to Midorima who accepted it with both hands. He glanced at the paper which was filled with diagrams, statistics and writing.

Each page had a detailed explanation of a player from the opposing team. Name, age, height, positions, advantages, disadvantages, power level, speed, and even their family and background information. Name it, it's all there. And at the back, there were a list of tactics to use against the mentioned player.

Midorima's eyes widened at how amazing it was. He glanced at sumire's sleeping form and looked back at the papers. They had only found out about this practice match two days ago, how could she have possibly made this is one nights time?

Midorima was beyond shocked and even before this, he had high respect for the girl, and now, he would not be embarrassed to say that he admired her skills.

It was then that he realized what the smirk on Akashi's face meant. It was because he knew that with this girl who had a god like brain in their team, there's no way they would lose.

Midorima was broken out of his trance when he heard voices from outside the door. He turned to face the source of the sound as around 15 people came in.

Just by their looks, the Teiko team could tell that they were trouble. Midorima looked back at the paper in his hands and noted that on every single members profile, it said 'VIOLENCE' in all caps. There was also a record of things they had done in order to win.

They've gone as far as to poison someone and the judges were convinced when their team said that it was just food poisoning.

Seeing how Midorima was Feeling extremely pisses, Akashi gave him the chance to give a warning to the fellow members. Akashi called everyone in and they all huddled around.

Midorima passed a profile to each of the team members that reflected their positions. For example, their center, Murasakibara got the profile of the opposing teams center.

"As you all can see, this team has a history that whichever team that plays against them, will have at least half of their players injured enough to go to the hospital."-Midorima

"Ha?! What's wrong with these people?!"-Aomine

"They are most definitely playing dirty and injuring others on purpose. That just means they understand that they are not strong enough to go against them."-Akashi

"Yeah, So it's just a warning. Everyone stay alert and don't let your guard down."-midorima

"Ou!"-Everyone

The practice match soon started after Akashi told them which strategies they were going to use first. Usually Aomine wouldn't listen to these things but two things made him. First, after his two matches against Sumire, he had realized that this girl was worth listening to. And second, it was because he didn't want to put his friends safety on the line just because he didn't listen properly.

The match soon started with murasakibara winning the jump ball. The whole team had noted from the information Sumire gave them that this team spends the first quarter observing the opposing team, so it was a good chance to score. First on court was Akashi, Kise, Murasakibara, Aomine and Midorima. 

Sumire had also mentioned that their speed was nowhere near teiko's team, so for the first quarter, the generation of miracles passed, ran and shot at high speed and didn't show any of their special abilities.

The whistle was blown as the first quarter came to an end. The score was currently 33-5. When they walked back to their bench, Momoi handed each one of them a water bottle and they noticed that Akashi didn't have one.

Akashi slowly made his way towards the bench where Sumire was still sleeping, and the rest of the team following behind. Curious at what Akashi was doing.

As they came near to Sumire's sleeping form, the saw that she was hugging a water bottle underneath Akashi's jacket. Akashi then sat next to where she lay. He pinched her cheeks that stretched as the whole team watched.

Kise had always wanted to try that on Sumire. Her cheeks just looked so soft and squishy. Almost like a baby's. Sumire soon stirred in her sleep and blinked a few times before looking up at Akashi.

He simply raised a brow and held out his hand. Sumire, seeming to understand what he meant, sat up and let go of the bottle she was cradling. She carefully balanced the bottle upon Akashi's outstretched palm. Akashi's jacket was clearly too big for her as the sleeves were longer then her arms. Leaving only her fingers poking out.

Akashi looked over at the timer and stood up. Following suit, Sumire stood up beside him. Once she stood up, the jacket dropped down until just a bit above her knees.

"Kawaii...."-Momoi & Kise

The word carelessly slipped out of the two's mouth, earning a confused look from Sumire. She turned back to Akashi, silently asking for a explanation.  Akashi just chuckled and knocked her head with the water bottle lightly.

"What their saying is not wrong. In fact, I quite agree with that myself. You are adorable when you're oblivious"-Akashi

Sumire didn't really know what he was talking about, but anyhow felt like Akashi was praising her. It wasn't often that she would get praised so she felt more happy than anything when she was acknowledged by Akashi.

She wore a wild smile and jumped onto Akashi, wrapping her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. Akashi just chuckled and ruffled her long hair. He soon carried her under her arms and looked at her tiny form. She was level with Akashi but she was dangling in the air.

When the team members saw this, the first image that came to mind was Akashi holding up a black cat. They found it quite cute. Midorima has noticed that Akashi has been smiling more around that girl, and he felt happy for his friend. They were both someone Midorima highly respected and admired.

Akashi soon set her safely on the floor and handed her his water bottle. She took it from him and the buzzer went off, signalising the start of the second quarter. 

Authors note:

Hello again! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well and I'll keep posting as soon as I can! If you have any suggestions or advice, please feel free to comment it! I'll try my best!

Well then, until next time!! Ja ne~~