Chapter 1

"So let me get this straight. You don't like this guy anymore because he hasn't come to see you in a couple months?" My coworker Sharon asked as she sat beside me at the bar drinking her third glass of Sex On The Beach. Sharon had shoulder length brown hair, blue eyes, and was around the same body build as me. We became good workout partners once we started talking more at work. She was a customer service representative that worked on the same floor as me, and it had only been a few weeks since she started working there and we were already drinking buddies.

"No, that's not the only reason. He just doesn't tell the full truth all the time."

"And you do?"

"I try to."

"But you said you guys aren't together, so why does it matter if he doesn't want to tell you everything?"

"We were trying to get together and learn more about each other on the first date but then he left. I never heard from him again after I received that letter in the mail." I twisted the story a bit because she wouldn't believe it if I told her a crow delivered the letter.

She shook her head, and I could see those blue eyes turning a glossy red. "I would have told him to go fuck himself for ditching you on the first date."

"It was an emergency though."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah. Well since you're still a single lady and you obviously need some action in your life. How about we go to the new club in town tomorrow night?"

"You're talking about Purgatory?"

She gave a nod.

"Will your boyfriend let you go? That's a pretty freaky place."

"You think I can't get down with the goths?" She gave me metal hands and a few head bangs while I tried not to choke on my drink.

"Slow down, death queen. We can go."

"Good. You need some good male interaction to forget about that dick face, and I need another drink."

I raised my hand at the bartender and he poured her another shot of whiskey. He was a Caucasian male, probably around 6 foot, had blonde hair that was combed over to one side, and the other half was shaved. It wasn't my favorite haircut, but somehow he pulled it off with those bright blue eyes. I must have been staring too long because he looked up and we made eye contact.

"Can I get you another drink too?" He asked.

"No thank you. I'm supposed to be the DD for her," I nodded my head towards Sharon as she raised her glass in the air.

"I'll have another," she said, and slid him her empty glass.

He took it from her and went to go refill it as I turned to glance around the room. So many people were dancing tonight, and this was the second time I had ever been to this bar. The name of it was called Rush, and it seemed to be more of a club than a bar. The music was modern club music that you hear at almost every club. I had been to quite a few the past couple weekends, only to take my mind off of Kamar. It had been 2 months since I had seen either one of them, but oddly enough, there was a crow that followed me home every day from work. I didn't know if demons could shapeshift into animals, but I remembered seeing a crow when I was in limbo with Damarius. I knew he was still my servant and I could call on him at anytime, but I wondered what they were doing right now. I sighed as the bartender came back by us and I finally gave in.

"Ok, I'll have another."

       We stayed at Rush until about 12:00 and my buzz wore off enough to drive us home. Sharon was half passed out in my passenger's seat as I pulled into her driveway and her boyfriend, Adam, came out. Adam had short brown hair, dark brown eyes, and looked more on the Russian side, but I wasn't a hundred percent sure what he was mixed with. I got out of my car and went around to Sharon's side to help her out when he asked, "How many did she have?"