Mahiru [OS]

Happy Birthday baby boy!

The rays of sun were barely shining through the window of the brown haired boys room. His phone vibrated once as the screen lit up informing the boy that his partner had texted him. Mahiru's Servamp stirred, but never woke up.

July seventh isn't a very eventful day— it never was for (y/n). It was merely the middle of the summer season. Until they befriended Mahiru. (Y/n) never knew what really hit them over the head, but Mahiru Shirota infatuated them. The day Mahiru asked (y/n) if they wanted to hang out with him after school was the day that (y/n)'s intentions with Mahiru became clear to their self.

(Y/n) chuckled lightly at the memory of asking Mahiru on a date. Here they are two and a half years later; still dating. They were the kitchen of their little apartment while mixing cake ingredients together. (Y/n) silently wished that Kuro might cook Mahiru breakfast or at least do a chore or two. Those thoughts were quickly brushed away by knowing the nature of sloth. Kuro cared for Mahiru and would show him in his own way today and (y/n) would just have to settle for that. Shrugging to them self, (y/n) slid the cake into the oven and set the timer. The cake was small, just about enough for Mahiru, Kuro and their self. Simple. Just something simple for Mahiru.

Shortly after (y/n) got dressed, their phone beeped from the kitchen. (Y/n) ran over to their phone with their shirt half on.

Mahiru: Good morning, (n/n)! You're up early this morning. Thank you so much for the birthday wish it means a lot to me! You're coming to visit today, right?

Rolling their eyes at the fact he felt the need to ask that, (y/n) quickly answered.

(y/n): Mahiru Shirota what kind of partner would I be if I didn't come see you on your birthday? Of course I'm coming to see you. I just have to finish a few things up.

Mahiru: I told you I don't want anything. I just want to see you.

(y/n): Don't get your panties in a twist. It's not a big deal. I'll be over around eleven.

Mahiru: Can't wait to see you! I love you, (n/n)!

(y/n): I love you too, Mahi

Frosting the cake didn't take long. (y/n) left it on the counter while they got Mahiru's present together. As promised it wasn't much, but (y/n) couldn't just get him nothing. After giving their self one more look in the mirror, (y/n) left the sweet smelling apartment and went along to Mahiru's house. The sun was now fully in the sky and shining down brightly. The warmth on (y/n)'s exposed skin was inviting and soothing. A small smile never left their face during their short walk to Mahiru's house. Once they got to the door, they knocked with their foot considering their hands were full.

"Coming!" Mahiru's cheery voice called from inside. Mahiru flung the door opened, ready to hug his wonderful partner, but had to stop himself. Immediately, he grabbed the cake box from (y/n) while greeting them brightly. Mahiru set it on the table while (y/n) took off their shoes and placed the gift bag next to the cake.

(Y/n) smiled widely while engulfing their boyfriend in a hug. "Happy birthday, baby." (y/n) muttered quietly.

As expected, Mahiru pulled away from the hug and looked at (y/n) with rose tinted cheeks. "Thank you..." Mahiru looked down, embarrassed by the nickname.

(Y/n) chuckled and their eyes wandered into the living room where Kuro was playing video games. "Hey, Kuro." (Y/n) called over to the servamp.

Kuro didn't look up. "Hi." He rapidly pressed the buttons on the controller.

Mahiru rolled his eyes slightly at the fact he knew Kuro didn't look up just by his response. Shaking his head briefly, Mahiru grabbed his partner's hand and brought them into his room. (y/n) grabbed the gift off of the table with their free hand and happily followed Mahiru. The smell of Mahiru's shampoo danced around (y/n)'s nose as they both flopped down onto Mahiru's bed.

"I," (y/n) kissed Mahiru's cheek, "absolutely love the smell of your hair." (Y/n) chuckled along with Mahiru and wrapped their arms around their boyfriend.

The two continued laughing as their bodies laid back on the bed. As their laughter died down, Mahiru leaned in to quickly leave a peck of his partner's lips.

(Y/n) pouted. "That's all your loving significant other gets? Just one little kiss."

Mahiru stuck his tongue out and nodded. "Yep." He stated with a playful grin spreading across his lips.

(y/n) smirked and pulled Mahiru close. "Now you've started it." (y/n) pulled Mahiru the rest of the way into their lips.

Mahiru grinned into the kiss, gladly letting (y/n) take control of the kiss. (y/n) kissed with more force than Mahiru and ended up over the brown haired boy. Their lips danced a familiar dance. Mahiru's lips always tasted like vanilla chapstick. (y/n) pulled away suddenly and sat back in Mahiru's lap.

"Oh!" They lit up. "Your gift!" They held it out to Mahiru as he sat up.

"If you really insist on getting me something..." Mahiru smiled at (y/n) softly. "I'm telling you, you're enough for me. I don't need material things."

"Lecture me later." (y/n) brushed Mahiru's comments off.

Mahiru removed the tissue paper and pulled out a new sweatshirt. The sweatshirt was white with orange trim. Mahiru gasped and hugged it to his body. "It's so soft! I love it, (n/n)!" Mahiru then captured (y/n) in a hug. "Is this so you don't have to give my other one back?" Mahiru asked while still hugging (y/n).

"What?" (y/n) scoffed. "Of course it is."

The duo laughed with their foreheads pressed together.

"Happy birthday, Mahiru." (y/n) gave him a quick kiss. "I love you."

Mahiru kissed his partner back. "Thank you, (n/n). I love you, too."

A/N: I'm back from the dead. It's been hard without Jasper (as he is no longer my editor...). I'm sorry I've missed like twenty birthdays and haven't worked on requests. Hopefully this kind of makes up for it?