Shuhei [OS]

Shuhei Tsuyuki Fluff.

Requested.

I had Yumikage let me into C3 headquarters. Shuhei might always be prepared, but I had my resources. I had a hot, black coffee in my hand. It warmed my hand as Yumikage brought me through all the twists and turns of C3 headquarters.

"His break is when?" I asked for the third time. I had asked him over text earlier, but I had to plan this perfectly in order to surprise Shuhei.
Yumikage chuckled. "I don't know how Shuhei is with someone as forgetful as you. His break starts in like two minutes. He'll be in the break area at exactly two thirty."

"Yeah... Shuhei hates surprises." I stated while looking down at the coffee in my hand. "I hope he doesn't mind me coming." I bit my lip, unsure of myself.

"Hey, Kid." Yumikage lightly pinched my shoulder. "If Shuhei doesn't appreciate you, he ain't as smart as we thought he was. Don't worry about it. He can't get mad at you for this."

I smiled. "Thanks, Yumi-Chan!"

"No problem, (y/n)." Yumikage brought me to the break room and looked at the clock. "Yeah, give 'em about thirty seconds." With that, he gave me a small wave.

I sat down at a table and stirred the coffee with a red stirrer I found in a box on the table. I rested my chin in my hand while waiting. Although, I wasn't waiting for long.

"(Y-y/n)?!" Shuhei exclaimed in shock when he walked in. Quietly, he added, "I wasn't expecting this..." There was a slight blush on his cheeks when he admitted that.

I got up and gave him a hug. "That's the whole purpose of a surprise!" I laughed. "I also brought you a coffee." I pointed as we pulled away from the hug.

"Thank you." Shuhei stated while taking a seat next to me. He took a sip of the coffee. "This was a pleasant surprise..." Shuhei trailed quietly.

My eyes widened as I gasped. "Does that mean you weren't prepared for this?" I batted my eyelashes at him.

That cracked a small smile from him. Shuhei grabbed my hand. "Yes, that means I wasn't prepared for you to visit today." He kissed the back of my hand before releasing it.

"Yes!" I smiled wide at him. "To be honest with you, Shuhei, I really just wanted to surprise you. I know you don't like surprises, but I figured I was a good surprise."

"You are the only surprise I would want." Shuhei stated in a very matter of fact manner.
He took another sip of the coffee I brought for him before asking me about my day. Scooting my chair just a bit closer to his, I rested my head on his shoulder while grabbing his hand. I absent mindedly told Shuhei about my day, which I had off today, and felt his hand become clammy at the contact of mine. He was still getting used to my constant need for contact.

"(Y/n)?" Shuhei's voice brought me out of my daze.

I looked up at him without moving my head off of his shoulder. "Mm?"

He raised his brow at me. "Do you even remember what you were talking about?"

I pursed my lips in thought. "Not really..." I began to stroke the back of his hand with my thumb. "I'm sorry." I let out a meek chuckle. "I was thinking about you and lost my train of thought."

His face turned a brighter red than it already was. After adjusting his glasses he cleared his voice. "Well, you said you know what Shuhei, I- and then your sentence stopped. Care to finish it?"

"Well," I looked back down at our hands, "I would love to but..." I sighed. "I honestly can't remember. I got too comfy and started rambling again. I like cuddling with you, but you just work so much." I puffed out my cheeks.

"I have a solution to your problem." Shuhei smiled down at me softly. "Why don't I come over after work today? Say at seven?"

I gasped. "Really, Shuhei? Thank you!" I kissed his cheek.

"I promise I'll make more time for us, okay?"

Smiling wide, I nodded my head. I knew Shuhei was a busy guy, but the thing I loved most about him is that he is a man of his word. When he says he'll make more time for me, he will. Shortly after that, his break was over. Hand in hand, he led me to the exit and told me he would see me soon. I snuck in one more kiss before turning to go finish some errands before heading back home.

A/n: Good morning everyone!