Chapter 55

Ryden POV

Me and Amber where sat in the lobby waiting for my dad to come pick us up. Then Gladys from the chemo came and sat in the chair next to me.

"Hi Ryden."

"Hi." Before she could say anymore may dad walked threw the automatic doors as soon as he saw Gladys he froze and his jaw and fists clenched.

"Gladys." He said in a icy tone

"Forsythe."

"Don't call me that. Ryden you ready to go." He said still looking Gladys I stood up and threw my backpack on my one shoulder so I was one strapping my bag and I held Ambers hand and we walked towards him and he turned around and we all started walking out the doors when Gladys said "Forsythe please don't ignore me." My dad turned around and looked at her "Why? You left me and JB with dad who was a drunk. Even when he died you didn't care I called you and told you and you said you where to busy to come down to Brooklyn to take care of us and you said you couldn't afford to flight us out to Florida so we could live with you. So I'm ignoring you because you ignored me AND JB when we needed you."

"You where strong kids I thought you'd be ok."

"I was 17 JB was 14. I had to raise her she doesn't even know I've even spoke to you because unlike you I don't want to hurt her."

"Please I want to talk to you and at least let me explain."

"No. I don't even know how you could just leave me and JB. I could never leave my kids not when they needed me. I don't want to talk to you I don't want you to explain all I want you to do is stay away from me JB and my family." My dad said and he turns around and walked out and me and Amber followed him. We got into the car and my dad drove us home we ate dinner that was already made then me and Amber went upstairs Amber went into the bathroom to get changed and I was in my room getting changed I took my oxygen off so I could put a tshirt on but then I needed to throw up I ran into the other bathroom and threw up. Why I was hunched over the toilet I heard Amber walk out of the bathroom and into my room then I heard her say "Ryden?!" I was about to shout back but I threw up again then Amber walked in the bathroom and I lay down on the floor and struggled to breath Amber walked over to me and caressed my cheek and put my oxygen mask on me and held it there for me why I breathed in.

"You shouldn't have to do this. I should be normal and able to breathe on my own."

"Ryden it doesn't matter to me your here and your alive."

"Well it should I'm useless I can't breath I can't........Amber?"

"Ye Rye."

"With the chemo and radiation.......I may never be able to have kids and you deserve kids even if it's when were older you deserve everything and I I I I can't give you that and my stupid useless body can't do it. I'm I'm so sorry Amber please break up with me I'm begging you."

"Ryden I don't want to do that."

"No you don't understand I may never be able to give you kids and Amber I really really want a baby with you I want a family with you but I can't I'm failing you and my body is failing. Amber do it break up with me I can take it I can deal with it." She just put the elastic band around my head so my oxygen mask stayed on it's self and she stood up and walked out of the bathroom. So I lay there on the floor of the bathroom in just my sweatpants and beanie

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted then I heard them running upstairs and into the bathroom

"Ryden what happened!" My mom said running over to me and sat next to me and so did my dad

"My body is useless it's failing me and it's falling Amber."

"What do you mean it's failing Amber? What happened?"

"Did the Doctors not tell you?"

"Tell us what?"

"I may never be able to have kids." I said and I started to cry and my mom and dad both hugged me.