Chapter 13

Ryden POV

I was laying in my hospital bed waiting for my mom and dad to come back. They had gone home to get changed and they said they where going to get Blue and Juliet. They where with Toni last night because why they where waiting for me to wake up Toni took them home because they where practically falling asleep in the chairs Juliet spent about 5 minutes protesting until Sweet-Pea picked her up and carried her to the car with her kicking and screaming you wouldn't think she's 13. Blue apparently to tired to protest and just went. Auntie Veronica and Uncle Archie and Uncle Kevin and Uncle Joaquin have all visited as well they brought me a change of cloths because the gowns are really uncomfortable they brought me some baggy baseball shorts and a tshirt along with my beanie and a zip up hoodie that way my arms where covered but it was to warm to have my hoodie on. My arms where wrapped in bandages so I couldn't see my cuts only when they where changing the bandages they weren't really deep there where just a lot of them on both arms.They said I needed to have a mental evaluation before I go anywhere.

I was sat up in my hospital bed thinking when the door to my hospital room open and Juliet came running in I can here Blue shouting after her.

"RYDEN!" She shouted as she ran to my bed and pulled me into a hug I hugged back and when she pulled away she took her shoes of and sat next to me on the bed and she rested her head on my shoulder then Blue ran in. "Jez. J you need to slow down." Blue says out of breath he walks over to my bed and gives me a hug "How you doing bro?" "I'm doing good." He nods and sits in the couch in the room and turns the TV on why Juliet keeps her head on my shoulder I put my arm round her and hold her to my side.

Then my mom and dad walk in.

"Hey Rye. How you doing?" My mom says walking over and kissing me in the cheek and sitting in the chair next to my bed "I'm ok."

Then my dad walks over and gives me a hug and sits in the chair next to my bed next to my mom and held her hand. We sat and watched Tv and talked a bit until a nurse came in with a woman with a clip board. "Hello Ryden this is Anna she's here to do your evaluations." The nurse says I nod my head and then my mom says "kids why don't you go get some food or a drink from the cafeteria?" Handing them $20 Blue and Juliet both get up and take the money and leave the room and so dose the nurse Anna sits on the other chair on the other side of my bed from my mom and dad.

"How do you feel today Ryden?" Anna asked

"I'm good."

"Ok so I'm going to ask you some questions and I need you to answer them honestly." I nod my head and then she starts

"Is this the first time you've harmed yourself?" She asked I look over at my mom and dad who where holding hands I take a deep breath and answer honestly "no" I say looking down I hear my mom gasp in shock and then Anna continued

"Why did you harm yourself this time." "Because I felt like no one loved me or cared and if I ended my life no one would miss me and it seemed easier to end it then keep living."

"Do you think you will harm yourself again?" "I don't know." "What do you mean by 'you don't know'?" "I don't want to but I might."

She asked me a few more questions before saying "ok. Ryden with what you've told me today and with the incident that happened two days ago I would suggest you go to our psychiatric facility to be able to rehabilitate and take part in group activities and show you life is worth living. You don't have to go I and just suggesting you go but it's totally up to you. You can talk it threw with your parents and see what you want to do then when your doctor comes in with your discharge papers you can tell her what you would like to do. Ok?"

"Ye thank you." I say and she gets up and leaves

Then my mom and dad stand up and both pull me into a hug. "I think this psychiatric facility sound like a good thing Rye. But it's up to you." My mom says as her and my dad pull away "I think I'm going to go. Just to see if it will help." I say and she nods her head and then says she's going to get the twins. I stand up and as I do my dad pulls me into a tight hug which i didn't hesitate to return. "We would have cared Ryden. We would have been crushed."

I nod and begin to feel tears in my eyes and then he says "when I came home from the hospital after what happened with Jamie and your mom was still in the hospital I vowed to never lose you no matter what an I will repeat what I said to you that night when you where only a little baby in my arms. 'I love you. Now mater what you are or what you want to be. Know matter what anyone says I love you.' Please don't try hurt yourself again if you feel like your going to talk to me or your mom. Please we can't lose you Ryden."

"I love you to dad. And I will talk to you if I ever feel like this again." I say and as we pull away he kisses me in the head and smiles at me and I smile back. I walk over to the window in the room and open it to let some cool air in because it's getting kind of hot in the room then I go and sit back down in the bed and then my mom and the twins walk back in and Juliet hands me a bottle of coke and sits next to me.