Chapter 28

Ryden POV

I was sat in a jail cell waiting for something anything to happen but nothing ever did I was just sat there laying on a metal bed looking up at the ceiling surrounded by 3 walls and one wall of metal bars. I don't even know how I'm in this mess in the first place.

Jughead POV

I was sat on the couch with Betty, Blue and Juliet.

"What do we do Jug?" Betty said

"Go to the bar with the twins and tell everyone the situation and get them looking into what's going on and ways to prove Rydens innocence. I have to go talk to Ambers mom."

I gave her a quick kiss and grabbed my serpent jacket and got on my motorbike and drove to Ambers house. I parked my motorbike outside the house then walked up to the door and knocked on it. Then the door opened and I see Ambers mom stood there.

"Mr Jones? What's wrong?"

"I need to speak to you and Amber."

"Mr Jones were just about to..." I cut her off before she could finish

"It's about Ryden."

"Come in." She says stepping aside and letting me in I walk in and see Amber sat on the couch in her phone then her mom sits next to her and I stand in front of them and say "Rydens been arrested."

"WHAT!!! What for!" Amber shouts

"They think he killed his Uncle."

"I wan to see him." She says standing up

"That's not up to me Amber it's up to your mom. I just thought you should know."

"Mom can I see him?"

"I don't think it's good idea Amber. Jail isn't the safest place to be. What if you get hurt?"

"Mom please. I want to see him I need to know he's ok. Ryden would never hurt me."

"Is it ok if she goes with you Mr Jones."

"Ye of course."

Ryden POV

I was looking up at the ceiling when the door opened (not the cell door the door to the room on the other side of the bars.) and Fangs walked in.

"Ryden how you doing?"

"Well I'm in a cell locked up for a murder I didn't commit but besides from that I'm good."

"Right sorry. Anyway there saying you stabbed Josh 23 times in the chest with a sharp pointed metal object and it was in the late hours of Sunday night. So I just need you to tell me where you where between the hours of 9pm-11pm on Saturday?" Fangs is a lawyer so the serpents must have sent him

"I was..." I was thinking back to that night when I remembered what me and Amber did and I felt the front of my pants tighten and I moved uncontrollably. "I was with Amber at the house and I told Auntie JB I was staying at Crash's."

"Ok. So Ambers your alibi and we can get her to say you were with her at the house."

"No. I don't want her being brought into any of this shit."

"Ryden if you don't have a alibi there probably going to give you life. They already found your hair at the scene of the crime."

"I don't care Fangs. I don't want Amber going to jail. Even thought I didn't do it and I have know idea how or why my hair was there. If something backfires and Amber gets charged with preventing the course of justice I couldn't live with my self I can't see her in jail because of me Fangs. Keep.Amber.Out.Of.This. I will go to jail if that keeps Amber safe." I say looking at Fangs we talked a little bit and before he goes and a guard comes in and takes me into a room with a metal chair on one side and two metal chairs in the other side I sat in the side with one chair in and waited for something to happen.

Then the door opened and I saw Amber walk in I stood up and as she walked in I pulled her into a tight hug and she cried into my chest and I stroked her hair and told her it was going to be ok. I pulled back slightly and lifted her hand up with my finger under her chin "Hey. I love you." I said giving her a soft lingering kiss.

"I love you too Ryden. I can't lose you."

"You won't I promise I'll get out of here." We sat down across the table from one another and I held her hands then my dad walked in

"Ryden can I talk to you alone." Amber gets up and walks out and my dad sits across from me

"Fangs told me you were with Amber when there saying you did It but you don't want to say anything but he wouldn't tell me why. So why?"

"Because if she gets dragged down with me I could never forgive myself for it."

"I know that's what it seems like but look if you don't say anything then you'll get life your 16. Your really going to spend the rest of your life in prison? Ryden you need to say something or....."

"Or What Dad! I know I'm going to probably spend the rest of my life in jail but I love Amber and you taught me to protect the ones I love so that's what I'm doing. There's no way for Amber to prove she was with me and if they decided to charge me with this then I don't want Amber being locked up ok! So that's what I'm doing! I'm keeping Amber safe!"

"Ryden some one else must have seen you. Where were you?"

"We were at the house all night and I was with Amber the hole time so there's no way I did it."

"Wait the house?"

"Ye."

"Did you guys leave at all?"

"No I biked there (as in pedal bike) and then Amber came over and we watched movies. Then we both fell asleep and I walked Amber home at like 10am Sunday morning."

"Ok. I can get you out of here." He said standing up and walking out before I could say anything else then Amber walked back in and her eyes where all red and puffy.

I stood up and pulled her into a hug and we stood there hugging. Until a officer care in and said I had to go back to my cell so I gave Amber a quick yet passionate kiss

"I love you ok. I'll get out of here."

"I love you too Ryden." Was all she said before I was cuffed and walked out of the room and back to my cell.