Chapter 23

Ryden POV

I woke up and went down stairs and saw Juliet, Blue, my dad and my mom sitting at the table eating breakfast. I sat down with them and poured myself some cereal and my mom says "I'm dropping the twins of at school this morning do you want dropping of as well Ryden?" "No it's ok. I'm going to walk with Amber she lives a block away." I say eating my cereal we eat then I go upstairs and get changed into black jeans and a tshir and a flannel shirt I put my beanie on and grabbed my serpent jacket and put that on grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder. I grabbed my wallet phone and keys of my side and put them in my pocket I was about to leave when I felt a box in my pocket and pulled it out. It was the condoms my dad gave me last night. I walked over to my night stand and put them in my night stand draw. Then I walked down stairs and said bye to everyone and left. Once I left I decided to text Amber to see if she even wanted to walk to school with me.

Rye🍕: Good Morning. Do you want me to walk you to school? x

Am🧡: Good Morning Rye. Of course you can walk me to school. x

Rye🍕: Ok. I'll be at yours in 2 minutes. x

I put my phone back in my pocket and walked to Ambers house. Once I got there I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I stood there for a second before a woman opened the door.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I'm here to walk with Amber."

"You must be Ryden."

"Yep. That's me."

"She'll be down in a second." And as she said that Amber walked down the stairs and walked up behind her mom and grabs her backpack from behind the door.

"Bye mom." She says walking past her and grabs my hand then walks down the steps of her house and down the street. Once we where just out of the street I spun Amber around so she was standing in front of me and I had my hands on her waist and she had her arms at my side. I pull her into a long passionate kiss and when we pull away I smile at her and she smiles back at me

"Hi."

"Hi."

I held her hand and intertwined our fingers and we continued walking. On the way we where talking and laughing. Then once we where close to school I noticed Amber getting nervous and looking as if to try and see where she was she was looking around and then looking down. "Amber. What's up." I say looking at her as we walk. She doesn't respond and just keeps looking down so I stop and stand in front of her and lift her head up with my finger under her chin so she was looking at me.

"Am. What's wrong?" I say looking into her eyes

"It's just.....I was wondering when you where going to let go of my hand just so I know for next time we walk so I can cross the road or something."

"Why would I let go of your hand?"

"Because.... I don't know I just thought you might not want everyone to know we're dating."

"Amber I want everyone to know we're dating. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I'm not pretty like all the other girls in school. Ryden I guarantee you could go to any girl in our school and ask them out and they're say yes. So why would you want me when I'm broke. And I know your serpent friends are ok with me but what about the other serpents? I'm not a serpent won't they disapprove of me?"

"Amber your not pretty. Your beautiful and I don't want any other girl because ye they may be pretty but your beautiful and you don't hide behind some fake facade like most girls here. What you see is what you get your beautiful, smart, funny. Yes your broken but so am I and that's fine if your not a little broken then your not human. Even if your not a serpent a serpent law says I'm free to date whoever I want no mater if there a serpent or not. So if anyone says anything that's a immediate suspension. And plus I'll beat there ass." I say smiling at her I see a tear run down her cheek and she smiles at me. I reach up and place my hand on her cheek as wipe the tear away with my thumb and then kiss her.

"Ok?"

"Ok." I pull her into a hug and kiss her head. We pulled away and it started to rain slightly. I looked down at Amber and saw her shivering so I took my bag off and then my serpent jacket and then I told her to take her bag off. She took her bag off and I put my serpent jacket over her shoulders and she put her arms into the sleeves and smiled at me "Ryden are you sure? You'll get cold."

"I'll be fine. Plus you look cute in my jacket." I say peaking her on the lip and handing her bag back to her she puts it on and I put my bag in and I hold her hand agin. My serpent jacket is different from everyone else's mine had my name in red stitching above the logo with a red stitched crown angled over the R all my family's is like that.

We walked to school hand in hand with Amber wearing my serpent jacket. As we got to the school gate I let go of Ambers hand and she looked up at me with a sad face for a second before I placed my arm around her shoulder and pulled her to my side. I gave her a quick kiss before we walked into school.

Everyone was looking at me and Amber but I just kept my eyes forward and kept Amber close to me. We had history first and Amber is in my history so we walked to lesson and we sat at the back with my friends. Why we where waiting for the teacher to come into class two girls walked over to where me and Amber where sitting and sat next to Amber I just looked at them before Amber said "Oh uh. Ryden this is Mia and Jess. Mia Jess this is Ryden my boyfriend." She says smiling at me "hi." I say giving Mia and Jess a slight wave. They said hi back and then our teacher walked in and started the lesson.