Fight with the "Hellfire Witch"

Start from the beginning

"We're in a great hurry." Noé explained. "I apologize but let's discuss this another time..."

"I don't have any time either !!" Luca suddenly screamed. "...Right now... ...someone very precious to me has become a curse-bearer and is suffering.

The only way to save that person is to rid the world of the Book of Vanitas. I'm begging you, give me that book !"

I felt really sad for this child as he was telling us his situation.

"If the Book of Vanitas disappears, there won't be any curse-bearers...? Who fed you that cock-and-bull story ?" Vanitas asked him.

"What...?" Luca asked, seeming shocked.

"Listen to me. I am a doctor !" Vanitas told him. "I'm using the power of this book to save vampires ! If you want to save your "precious someone," take me tothem. I'll examine them as soon as I've healed this patient."

"The curse of the vampire of the blue moon is why MY OLDER BROTHER is suffering ! Take you to him !? don't be ridiculous !" Luca exploded at Vanitas

"Master Luca." The girl called out to him.

Luca gasped and put a hand on his mouth.

"...Hm. So your brother's become a curse-bearer ?" Vanitas wondered, a hand on his chin. I grabbed his coat and pulled him before the girl managed to him with the coffin.

"Jeanne !?" Luca called her, surprised by her attack.

"Master Luca... ...Further talk is pointless." she stated. "Please give me an order."

She swung her coffin at Vanitas again, this time it was Noé who grabbed Vanitas' coat to make him dodge while I got down to not get hit, Vanitas threw his dagger at her making her loose her cloak, revealing us her light pink almost white hair being cut short above her chin to cover her ears and striking yellow eyes, she was a beautiful girl and the three of us were stunned.

Luca went by her side as I jumped near Vanitas and Noé. "Monsieu Vanitas. You won't give us that book, no matter what...?"

Vanitas gave him what looked to be a sad smile and Luca's expression changed to a sorrowful one. "... Jeanne..." He called her.

"I know. I'll do my best to take him alive."

"...Please. The Book of Vanitas... Take it from him !" He ordered as Jeanne opened the coffin.

"Oui, Votre Altesse."

"A Crimson... gauntlet... !!" Vanitas exclaimed. "...Not good. We're running, Noé, Iona !"

"Huh ?" noé, wondered confused.

"That woman is Lord Ruthven's Bourreau !"

"Huh...?" Noé repeated and I face-palmed.

"Could you be any more of a country bumpkin ?" Vanitas asked him angrily before running, I took Noé's hand before following Vanitas.

"Listen Noé. This woman is the "Hellfire witch", she wiped a thousand vampires by her own during the war lon ago, using the crimson gauntlet "Carpe Diem."" I explained to him as we were running.

"she who wields the crimson gauntlet "Carpe Diem." A kin-slayer who was given the name of a Saint... ...The "Hellfire Witch," Jeanne !!" We heard Vanitas said ahead of us.

Jeanne throwed an attack with her gauntlet, we all managed to dodge by jumping on the sides.

"I doubt she has... ...the slightest intention of taking me alive !!" I heard Vanitas.

Noé jumped in front of Vanitas and grabbed the gauntlet.

"Noé !" Vanitas called him.

"I can't let you die on me yet...!" The vampire said.

Jeanne was going to attack Noé with a sword but I quickly went by her side and stopped her by paralyzing her arm, she looked back at me in surprise before wielding her gauntlet.

"Oh crap." Vanitas muttered. "Noé, Iona, Run !!" He screamed at us.

I went to grab Noé and pulled him away, I felt a sharp pain on my back, Jeanne then got a bomb of light at her and we used it to run.

"That was amazing...! I've never seen a weapon like that before." Noé commented.

"This is no time to be impressed !" Vanitas scolded him

Then Jeanne appeared in front of us and went for Vanitas but we Noé, we pushed him back getting hit on the shoulder instead. Luca appeared and we ran away as Jeanne was focusing on him.

We were hiding now, panting from the side and I was tigly gripping my shoulder like Noé, Vanitas proposed to stop the bleeding but we declined, saying it will go stop on its own. Vanitas explained to us the vampires' reaction to the Book of Vanitas but I wasn't really focusind and my vision was slightly blurry so I chose to close my eyes. I snapped them back open when I heard Vanitas laughing, he was then shushed by Noé as he clamped a hand on his mouth.

"...You really... ...are an interesting fellow..." Vanitas commented after hearing Noé's words making him confused.

"All right ! I've steeled myself, Noé ! I have no idea wheter it's going to work, but... Well, if it will let us get back fast, we have no choice !" Vanitas rambled on.

"What are you say---"

Vanitas cut Noé by pointing a finger at him as I was sitting between them.

"I've found one. Just one. A way to win against the Hellfire Witch..." He said with a smirk.

Then he pointed his finger at me. "And you part in this Iona... Is to stay there and do nothing." He instructed me.

I lokked at him with a bewildered expression. "...What !?" I wondered, staring at him with wide eyes as his were staring at me sternly.