Discussion

The both of them went, Cyndelle followed Vanitas until they were at the top of the building. Vanitas sat down near the edge so the girl did the same beside him.

~~~

"Sooo... What did you want to talk about, Vanitas ?" I started the conversation, turning my head to face him.

But I only got silence in response.

"You know... It looks like you always want to talk when Noé is asleep." I tried to lessen the kind of tense atmosphere and attempted a smile even if it was an awkward one.

So I was surprised when he only glared at me from the corner of his eyes with a scowl.
I blinked in confusion and was about to ask him why he looked angry but he spoke before I could.

"There's no need to talk about him now."

I once again blinked because of his tone of voice and blurted out without thinking nor any ill intent.

"Why do you sound kind of jealous ?"

His reaction was instantaneous as he turned around so quickly I thought he would break his neck or feel some kind of pain in his torso. I honestly had no idea of what to make of his expression as it looked like he was trying to hide his emotions but also a mix of them were battling inside his eyes.

I raised up my hands. "Hum... Sorry, it was just a joke..." I apologized, afraid I angered him more even though I couln't understand how I did that.

Vanitas sighed before gaining his composure back, straightening himself before looking at the sky ahead like moments ago.

I lowered my hands slightly but kept my gaze on him, waiting for his next words or anything coming from him.

He took a breath before speaking. "Why did you act like that ?" He asked me, eyeing me from the side.

I tilted my head at him. "Like what ?"

"When Lord Ruthven came, your behavior completely changed. You were almost... wild, protective even." He propped his leg and put his head on it so he would look at me with a smirk when he called me wild.

I put a hand on my chin as I pondered over his words, looking down at my feet and the ground below them.

~~~

Vanitas kept staring at the girl beside him, waiting patiently for her answer.

"Hmm... To be honest... I don't really know what came over me to act like that..." The vampire trailed off, looking unsure of herself and searching for her words as she was speaking. "Even though I know I should have some kind of respect rowards Lord Ruthven, he just... gave off a really bad feeling to me...
So I guess I acted more on instinct than anything you could say." Cyndelle explained.

"Instinct, huh ?" Vanitas repeated, a sudden faraway look in his eyes.

"But, at this moment, I strongly felt that...

If he did anything to you, I could have hurted him or even KILL him..."

Cyndelle turned to face Vanitas at her last words, the human could feel the bloodlust emanating from her even though that scenario didn't happen.
He could only stare back at the eyes that were a dangerous mix between the red eyes of the vampires and the blue eyes Vanitas usually see when he looked at Cyndelle.

The silence overcame the girl's words, Vanitas had nothing in mind to say back. He was completely stunned to silence.

Suddenly, it looked like Cyndelle came back to her sense and slapped her hands over her mouth before looking away sheepishly.