Fight with the "Hellfire Witch"

I felt a strange presence as they were speaking so I picked up a rock and pulled my arm back to their confusion as I could judge by the look on their faces.

"Iona ? What are you---" Icut him off as I threw the rock.

"Who are you ?" I asked softly but firmly.

We heard footsteps approaching and two figures appeared, one was a child and the other was a girl wearing a cloak and carrying a big... coffin.

"...That was amazing. To think you'd seal a curse-bearer's movements instantly like that. You're... "Vanitas," correct ?" The child asked. "I'm Luca. Her name is Jeanne." He introduced.

"...What're you two ? Humans ? Vampires ?" Vanitas asked back.

"Oh, excuse me. We're vampires." Luca said showing his canines. "Monsieur Vanitas. It's impudent of me, but I've come to ask a favor." He explained.

"That book... ...The Book of Vanitas... Would you give it to me ?" He requested.

Vanitas stared at him for a moment. "No ! This book isn't a toy for little kids like you !!"

After those words left his mouth, a dangerous aura was radiating from the girl as she glared furiously at Vanitas making the three of us stunned.

"...Why do you want it ? Do you understand what it is ?" Vanitas asked.

"Of course." Luca confirmed. "The Book of Vanitas is a catastrophic book that will bring destructuin upon vampires...

Because its power makes it possible to interfere with vampires' true names, it has been called "an analytical engine in the shape of a book." All the while, it is an evil device that creates the beings know as curse-bearers...!"

The three of us stared at him surprise.

"...I'm spreading the curse around, using the Book of Vanitas ? Is it what you're trying to say ?"

"It is. Or... You yourself may be a victim afflicted by the power of that book."

"What...?" Vanitas said, surely not believing what he was hearing. "Sorry but I'm pretty sure that I'm not being controlled. Maybe it is Iona's book you're speaking about, let's get a look at it." Vanitas said, approaching his hand from my notebook but I quickly hit his head with it.

"Like I said before... What's in this book is nobody businness but mine." I coldly told everyone, giving Vanitas a glare for trying to take it.

"Well.... When you're writing about the Book of Vanitas... I believe this is also my businness, Iona." He smiled at me but it soon faded when I placed my dagger near his throat.

"Are you trying to get on my nerves Vanitas !?" I growled at him.

"Maybe !" He exclaimed with a smile.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance before pulling back my dagger. "And I told you that my name was Cyndelle..."

"I'm told that there's a type of grimoire that takes control of its bearer's consciousness the instant it's picked up." Luca explained. "If you are unconsciously being used by that book, it's unfortunate, but... ...the only way to save the cursed is to dispose of the Book of Vanitas by the proper method. As the bearer it's likely that you'll receive appropriate punishment as well." 

"Wait, please !" Noé exclaimed. "You can't dispose of that book !" He protested making Vanitas happy. "Although you're free to do whatever you like to this man...! As long as you don't kill him !!" He added, making Vanitas' smile dissapeared as he changed from happy to angry.