The catacombs

"---And so...
They booted us into the border by force. We got back to the human world about a week ago ! Every blasted inch hurt. So we've been asleep the whole time !" Vanitas explained to Parks.

"They sent Murr back through later." Noé added.

"There you have it. That's the report." Vanitas ended cheerfully. Noé had a blank face just like Cyndelle who was petting Murr while she listening.

"Y...
YOU DAMNED FOOL !!!!" The old vampire screamed, his voice being so loud that it was heard through all the galerie. "You had the audacity to---
Towards Her Majesty !? You dare----!!!" He scolded Vanitas. He was so furious that he was now standing on his desk.

"Master Parks !" "Please calm youtself, Master Parks !" His servants tried to calm his temper.

Noé and Cyndelle casted a glance at Vanitas, remembering his words when the three of them were being escorted out of Altus.

"...This is fine. I got the information I wanted most." Vanitas told them.

"And so... ...until this storm blows itself out, I intend to avoid all contact with Ruthven... ...and continue treating curse-bearers, as before.
In others words : Information on curse-bearers, please !" Vanitas requested, hiding behind the couch so he wouldn't get hit by whatever the Count was throwing at him.

"Enough of you insolence, human !!" The Count yelled.

"Master Parks doesn't have time to waste on you now !" One of the servant angrily informed Vanitas.

"Hm ? Did something else happen ?" Vanitas asked.

While they were arguing, Cyndelle and Noé were picking up the differents items and papers scattered on the floor. Cyndelle was putting the items back in their rightful places while Noé had picked up some documents. Vanitas noticed this and went to his right to look over the tanned man's shoulder. Cyndelle got curious and went in front of them to try and have a look at the papers since she was shorter than her fellow companions.

"Vampire... Disappearances ?" One of the two read.

"Three of them gone in one week, hm ? That's a lot." The other commented.

"Do not look at the files without permission !!" Nox and Manet yelled at them before throwing them out the door. "GET OUT THIS INSTANT !!!!" Vanitas and Noé ending face first on the floor and Cyndelle was standing straight with Murr in her arms. She was treated a little more kindly than the duo but still flinched when the door slammed shut behind her.

~~~

The boys were rubbing their heads as we got out of the galerie, Vanitas muttering "Yeesh..." because of thzir attitude.

"Quack !" The familiar voice of Dante called out to Vanitas.

"Hey ! Dante ! Excellent timing." Vanitas said looking towards the sound of his voice.

"...Hang on. What happened here ?" He asked upon seeing the man and his friends with bruises and bandages on them.

"Lemme alone." Dante complained. "Listen up ! I've got some new info on curse-bearers ! I'm willing to sell it to you as a favor, quack ! Buy it !"

"Hmm.... Are you all... all righ ?" I asked them, looking at them from head to toe.

The taller one waved a hand nonchalantly with a smile. "Don't worry about us dear !"

"Yesterday..." Dante started. "...We'd finally pinned down the location of the curse-bearer who'd gotten into Paris a little while back. And then..."

"You found them right in the middle of being kidnapped ?"