The Book of Vanitas

Murr hissed as Amelia went to grab the fence behind her to stand up. "Mademoiselle Amelia, you're..."The man beside me began in a breathless way. "...a vampire..." We both finished as we could see her eyes being red and shining.

Her canines showed up and we looked up as we heard a sound of glass shattering to see a man entering the airship to our surprise.

"What...?" Amelia wondered, obviously lost just like us.

"Found... ...yooou !!"The man screamed, charging toward Amelia.

"...Hm." The man looked at his left to see the tanned gentleman with Amelia in his arms and me by his side.

"I thought I had you there. What're you ?" He asked.

This was a young man with bluish dark wavy hair and light blue eyes. One side of his hair was cut shorter than the other in an asymmetrical fashion, with one level on the left side, and two levels on the right. His left ear was embedded with two ear buds and a dangling hourglass earring. His outfit consisted of a baggy coat with hanging sleeves and a tail that bells out and floats. One side of the coat often slips off his shoulder. Underneath, he wears a striped vest and a belt. He was also wearing spats and short boots on his feet and pointed gloves on his hands and a large light blue bow is wrapped around his waist.

And I didn't know why but I felt something when I saw him...

"... I could ask you the same." The gentleman answered as the mysterious character glanced at me with his light blue eyes before reporting his attention on Amelia and her helper.

"My only business is with that girl." He said standing up. "Take my advice--- Leave her and get lost. If you don't..." He tilted his head to the side having his bangs covering his left eye and smiling at us in creepy way. "...you'll get hurt." He threatened.

The gentleman tilted his head to the side before looking directly at his opponent with a firm gaze. "I refuse." He stated.

The dark haired man closed his eyes then next thing that happened, he tried to slash Amelia's savior with a dagger but the gentleman dodged all his attempts to harm him.

"Haha ! For someone carrying a girl, you move pretty well !" The opponent exclaimed, then he did something so the weapon that attacked Amelia and the gentleman changed to a wire but he also managed to dodge it so it hit the fence, they were coming my way and I saw Amelia grunting in pain before she screamed, alerting the man carrying her.

His opponent used that to wrap the wire around his ankle and made him stumble but the thing that surprised me was that... The gentleman threw Amelia in the air !

"Amelia !" I used the opponent's back to jump and catched her as we landed downstairs, I could see the man punched the attacker before he jumped and landed beside me, he took Amelia from my arms and began to run, I immediately followed after him.

'He has red eyes...' I thought in realization.

As we were running, Amelia was panting and her cheeks were flushed red.

'I wonder what's happening... It can't only be anemia...' I wondered as a man in uniform took Amelia from the now known vampire, she was wearing his coat.

"Mlle. Amelia !" He called out to her in worry before adressing the man. "Please take her to the infirmary." He instructed.

"What are you going to do ?" The man asked him, slightly panicked.

"Catch the lot who tried to attack her and find out what this is about" The white haired vampire answered as I was crouched to examine Amelia before turning to him.