이십 칠

When Gem awoke, she was laying on a bed in a dark room

When Gem awoke, she was laying on a bed in a dark room. There was an I.V. in her right arm and a sticker over her heart, monitoring it's beat.

"Gem?" she heard a familiar voice say as she came to. "Gemmie, baby, I'm so glad you're okay." Jungkook flipped on a lamp, rushing toward her.

"Where am I?" Gem looked around at her surroundings, being so weak that she's not able to lift her head.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Hell." Jungkook says.

"So I finally died. Cool." Gem closed her eyes again before coming to her senses, shooting them open, "Wait, no. I was in heaven. With Jimin and Jin. He...," Gem trails off.

"They poisoned you." Jungkook finishes.

"Jin did. Jimin had nothing to do with it." Gem corrected him.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook frowns.

"Yes and you—," Gem's confusion turns to anger, "You left me!"

"Oh, here we go." Jungkook mutters, taking a step back.

"You left me, you little demon bitch!" Gem struggles to be intimidating, yet fails because she's too weak to sit up.

"My brother died." Jungkook says.

"Your brother, Satan." Gem corrects.

"Still my brother." Jungkook crosses his arms.

"Word around town now is that you're Satan? Riddle me that, punk." Gem scoffs.

"I am King of Hell. There's a difference." Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"What the fuck kind of difference is t—," Gem starts but Jungkook cuts her off, pressing his lips to her's.

"I have loved you, I do love you, and I always will love you." Jungkook says.

"Guk, I—,"

Jungkook cuts her off again, "And I know you still love me, too." he says, "Just deep, deep, deep down." he laughs lightly.

"Try once more deep." Gem cocks her eyebrow, but inevitably breaks into a small smile. "How long have I been out?" she asks.

"Eight days, sixteen hours, and twenty three minutes." Jungkook recites. "I had Yoongi-hyung temporarily watch over Hell while I watched over you, but I think he's having a power trip." Jungkook laughs.

"What happened?" Gem frowns, looking at Jungkook.

"Well, we got some information that suggested you may be in Heaven. So, I made the executive decision to send a few of our best demons, including myself, to retrieve you before they could hurt you. Seems we were only a bit too late, because when we found you, you were passed out in a cage. Jimin was outside of it, practically guarding you. He kept crying and apologizing and trying to hold you, but we left before we could really talk to him, since you were the main goal of our mission." Jungkook explains.

"I see." Gem takes it all in. "And when can I stand up?" she asks Jungkook.

"Depends on how much rest you get." Jungkook says.

"I just woke up." protests Gem.

"Well, maybe you should try to sleep again." Jungkook suggests.

"Ugh, fine." Gem rolls her eyes. Jungkook stands and turns, walking toward the door. "Guk?" she asks.

"Yes?"

"Please stay." she pleads.

"Let's make a deal." Jungkook says.

"Every television show I've ever seen advises me to not do exactly that." Gem laughs.

"I'll stay, but I want you to stay, too." Jungkook says, "With me." he adds.

"We'll see." Gem shrugs as much as she can.

"Okay, good enough for me." Jungkook laughs, giving in as he gets in on the other side of the bed, cuddling up into Gem's side.

"I love you." Jungkook tells her. "And I missed you."

Gem smiles, "I know."