After a couple weeks of wearing bland clothes, Jungkook finally had enough money to buy some outfits

He'd also wanted to do something nice for Gem.

They hadn't been separated much over the past few weeks, but they never took a step further, either. Which was fine with Jungkook for the first time ever.

Gem did kiss him on the cheek once, but that was because she was trying to wake him up for work. Needless to say, he shot right up out of his bed and tackled his housemate to the ground in surprise.

Jungkook had no idea what he felt for this girl, but he knew he'd never felt it before. It's like you've only known darkness all your life, then someone lights up the whole world. Half of you hates the light, because it hurts your eyes and they take time to adjust, but the other half loves every second of that light, because you can see everything.

Thinking about this cheesy analogy, Jungkook sat in a subway, tapping his fingers on his knees.

When it came to be his stop, Jungkook filed off with everyone else. He went through some stores and ended up buying about three outfits. Along with the few things he liked from Gem's brother's wardrobe, that'll do.

After he stopped to get some coffee, he started to walk back to the station to catch the subway, Jungkook passed a jewelry store.

Sipping on his iced coffee, he took a few steps backward, looking up to the sign.

Deciding he wanted to go in, he looked around the store for a bit. While everything was very expensive, it was also all very beautifully made, too.

As Jungkook neared the back of the store, he noticed something different from the flashy, big jewels that were presented to him.

Deciding he wanted this item, he politely called over an attendant. She unlocked the glass casing and gently picked up the jewelry, putting it in a small velvet box. He followed her back up to the register where he paid the rest of his paycheck.

The lady gave Jungkook the box and thanked him for shopping there. Without a word, Jungkook immediately and obliviously spun on his heels, sipping at his coffee.

Jungkook put the box in his jacket, reminding himself to give it to Gem later that night.

Or whenever the time was right.

He caught the subway and made his way back home.

On the way home, Jungkook thought about how uneventful this whole day has been. He's not been mistreated by anyone like women go through on the daily. It disgusted him to think that girls have to put up with so much. He remembered that night he met Gem in the alley.

At first, he was reluctant to help, but in the end, he followed his gut instinct and merked that dude. 'I mean, damn, just because I'm a demon doesn't mean I don't have morals.'

He thought about how his Jimin-hyung would have gasped at the use of that word. Jungkook had practically been trained not to say it, but ever since Jin left the day after his sixteenth birthday, he'd given up with censorship. They are what they are and they can't change that, although it seemed Jimin-hyung had severely wanted to. Although there was something keeping Jungkook from telling Gem.

Jungkook thought that maybe it was better this way. He got to be the Robin Hood character, a bad guy killing worse guys. Girls loved him for it, they called him their hero. Jungkook had simply smirked and played a game of how far he could milk that 'hero' talk. He didn't have feelings or experience empathy.

The first time he experienced empathy was that night he met Gem, in the alley. She had been hurt and even though Jungkook was her stranger, he still felt an undeniable obligation to protect her.

But hey, at the end of the day, Jungkook cherished his life over her's, right?

Right?