십일

When Jungkook arrived home, he called out for Gem, who didn't answer

When Jungkook arrived home, he called out for Gem, who didn't answer. Frowning, he sat down his shopping bags in his bedroom and headed to the kitchen.

There, Jungkook saw a neatly-written note laid on the clean countertops. Curious, he picked it up.

'dear googie,
i'm out doing some stuff.
that is all.
let me know whenever you get home.
i'll be home by 7.
xx.
gemothy'

He smiled as he noticed she'd dotted the 'i' in 'googie' with a tiny heart.

Neatly folding the note up, he put it in the back pocket of his black ripped jeans for safe keeping.

Then, after texting Gem 'home.', he decided to cook dinner for them, seeing as it was already six.

Raiding the fridge and pantry, Jungkook decided he had enough ingredients to just completely wing it.

He boiled some rice and fried some red peppers, artichoke, and sugarsnap peas on the stove, adding a bit of garlic, green onion, and salt into the mix.

When it smelled perfect, Jungkook plated his masterpiece, making it look as appealing as possible.

Taking a bottle of red wine off the rack, he set up two glasses on either side of the lowsitting and small two person table in Gem's kitchen.

Looking at the clock, he noticed it was almost seven. Just as he ran to the fireplace and grabbed one of Gem's fancy candles, ran back to the kitchen and lit it, he heard the door unlock.

Jungkook quickly sat the candle down in the middle of the table, adjusting the tableware so it looked perfect.

"Jungkook?" he heard a cute, soft voice call.

"In here." Jungkook responded.

Gem had obviously followed his voice because a moment later she arrived in the kitchen, her mouth hung open due to what she was seeing.

"Guk, you really did all this for us?" Gem asked.

"Of course." Jungkook pulled her chair out for her, scooting it back behind her legs before she sat down.

"You cooked this?" Gem asks, in disbelief again.

"Yes, ma'am." Jungkook smiled, sitting down across from her. "Taste it, I didn't follow a recipe so I'm not sure if it's good."

Gem took a bite as Jungkook poured wine for the both of them.

"Gukie!" she says in amazement, "This is delicious!"

"Thank you." Jungkook says, prideful in his work.

"I didn't know you were such a good cook, Kook." Gem giggles, preparing another bite after taking a sip of her glass of wine.