이십 삼

Jungkook and Gem wake up to their door being pounded on.

"Stay here, I'll see what it is." Jungkook frowns, hurrying out of bed to pull on a pair of black sweatpants.

Gem sits up nervously, wrapping her white silky robe around her and tying it at the side.

Jungkook unlocks the door, swinging it open to see his brother, Taehyung, fall in due to how hard he was pounding on the door.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Jungkook yells at him.

"I should ask you the same thing! I've been calling you nonstop!" Taehyung screams back, tears falling from his black eyes.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook grabs Taehyung's shaking shoulders.

Hearing screaming, Gem decides to wield herself with a candlestick before entering the hallway.

"It's Namjoon-hyung!" Tae sobs.

Gem frowns, Jungkook still not knowing she is standing there.

"What about him?" Jungkook questions, starting to panic.

"H-He's fucking dead, man!" Taehyung looks Jungkook in his eyes.

It wasn't until then that Gem saw Taehyung's face. His eyes, they were completely black, like the man in her nightmare.

Gem dropped the candlestick, causing a loud noise to resonate down the hall.

Jungkook, surprised, spins on his heels.

"Who the fuck is he?!" Gem screamed, pointing at Taehyung.

"H-He's my brother." Jungkook choked out, trying to keep everything together.

"Correction:," Gem says, sassy as ever, "What the fuck is he?"

"You haven't fucking told her, dude?" Taehyung looks to his younger. Jungkook's face remains the same. "I'm a fucking demon, sweetheart. We all are! Even your loverboy here." Taehyung chokes out, obviously acting out of impulse from being so hurt.

"W-What?" Gem asks.

"Go ahead, Jungkookie. Show her. Show her! Show her your eyes." Taehyung screams.

"Gem, I—," Jungkook starts, his voice soft.

Not taking her eyes off the two men, Gem kneels down, grabbing the candlestick as she takes a few steps toward them. "Show me." she cuts him off.

A tear slips from Jungkook's eye, "I really don't think—,"

"Fucking show me, Jungkook!" Gem screams.

"Fine!" Jungkook sobs, "Fine, just please. Stop yelling at me."

With a literal blink of an eye, Jungkook's previously coffee brown irises are engulfed by black, taking over even the whites of his eyes.

Gem stumbles back. Her Googie, her own boyfriend. He had the same eyes as the man who had haunted her dreams.

"Y-You're a fucking demon?" Gem hissed out the last word as she cried, making Jungkook flinch.

"Yes, but it's n—," Jungkook cuts himself off this time, turning around before pushing Taehyung out the door, shutting it and locking it behind him. "Not what you think." he finishes.

"I should've fucking known. All those weird ass questions you asked me about demons. Those fucking books." Gem runs her hands roughly through her hair. "All this time, you never loved me. You used me. You fucked me and wrecked me and corrupted me!" Gem yelled.

"I didn't use you, G—," Jungkook tried, letting silent tear slip from his eyes.

"I trusted you! You did use me." Gem punches Jungkook's bare chest with all her might. He didn't budge due to her small fists, the emotional pain was far worse than anything she could ever do to hurt him physically. "And you know what?!" Gem looked up at him, her face red and splotchy. "The only reason I let you live here in the first place is because I felt bad for you. I pitied you, Jungkook."

At that moment, Jungkook breaks down, stumbling to his room, he pulls on a shirt and grabs his boots.

After returning to the hallway, he tells Gem, "I'm leaving. I'm sorry. I love you." He cries, grabbing his jacket off the coatrack and shutting the door behind him.

"I assume that went well?" Tae asks, not even bothering to look up as tears fall from his blank face.

Jungkook pulled on his boots, "Shut the fuck up." he rubs his blood red, runny nose. "Lets go." he says.

Taehyung stands up, snapping his fingers, and with that they disappear in a cloud of black smoke.

On the other side of the door, Gem fell to her knees, holding her shoulders as sobs rack her body.

Her Jungkook, her own Guk.