Chapter eight: Someone new

Roaming the dark empty halls of a hospital sounds creepy right? Now add your own echoing footsteps, and scary flickering lights, that's my situation right now. Almost every door I try to open is locked and you hear different sounds or screams from different floors/rooms. At least this is a dream. If it were real I'd probably shit myself. I passed a pretty pink room with flower decor on the walls. Now, most people wouldn't care I mean, it's a room for a little girl and yet I had to check it out. I stepped into the room and observed my surroundings. "Nice place," I said even though I was in a dream and not to mention, completely alone. "Thank you! My daddy painted it for me when he found out I could never go home again." I jumped and turned my head to face the entrance of the room. "Over here silly!" The little girl's voice said. I turned towards the bed and saw her, swinging her feet and kicking her legs over the edge. Something about her giggling made me uneasy, even if it wasn't real I still got goosebumps. "Follow me, I wanna show you something special." said the girl while grabbing my hand and dragging me out of her messy, old, dirty worn out princess room. "My name is Aleia, pretty right?" She asked. "Yes, such a beautiful name. I'm Conner" "I know." She gave me a cold hard stare and I felt a chill run through my spine. Everything about her put me on edge, but she was just a child, so I decided to suck it up and deal with it. Aleia guided me down lit hallways and dark corridors, down a flight of stairs then up two. We walked all over the place for what seemed like forever until she finally spoke and said: "We're here."