Chapter four: An amazing night

"W-what? You must be kidding. Sure I'm a little weird, but that doesn't mean I get these 'special powers' or whatever." He straightened up again and shrugged. "So wait, let me get this straight..." I paused as I took in a deep breath. "You'retellingmethatIhavethepowertoopengatesthatIdon'tevenknowaboutandmakingthesituationmoredramaticbysayingmynameyetIdon'tevenknowyours?Andwhat'swiththewhole'I'mspecial'thing?Myauraattracksyou,areyouawolf?BecauseIheardhowlingearlierandIwaswonderingifmaybe-" "That's enough!" He exclaimed loudly, giving me sign to shut up. But I wasn't done talking. "No, I'm not doing this anymore. I want to go home. Max is probably worried about me and my boyfriend is still on my bedroom floor. I have to go back and make sure he's okay and-" "My God, do you ever stop talking?" He asked raising his voice. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it immediately after thinking about the big speech I just gave him. "That's what I thought." He said looking down on me. "Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, I had to make sure it was you. My name is Long Bones, Brone is what I usually go by, or gatekeeper. Either one is fine." "Long Bones?" I asked, confused as to whom would name their child that. "Yes, but please do not call me that. Brone is fine. My mother gave me that name because I was a very tall- or rather in her eyes- long baby with very boney fingers. Still have em'." He laughed wriggling his stick like fingers. I joined him and we laughed together, his beautiful blue eyes twinkling. "Your eyes are beautiful" I found myself saying the words so easily, not even thinking about why I said them. They just came out of my mouth and it was too late to put them back in. Brone looked at me and cocked his head sideways at an odd angle. "Why thank you my lady." He said all professional like. With him dressed all fancy like, I could have sworn he was a prince! I yawned. After all, it was about five in the morning. He saw that I was tired and apologized for taking me out so late. Although I hardly considered this to be a date. And turns out, he's actually 5'9. he grabbed me in his arms which were stronger than I last remembered and I buried my face in his chest, closing my eyes tightly as I felt my feet lift off the ground. It must have been a couple seconds, but when I was placed in my bed again, he kissed me. Gently, lightly... ON THE LIPS! He must of thought that I was sleeping but I was awake for every second and it was... Well it wasn't all that bad. His lips were surprisingly soft and they left a tingly feeling afterwards. It might have been poison, but I didn't care. It was nice and for one, his breath didn't smell like alcohol.