Chapter 8 - Let's Go! Royal Sunshine!

Start from the beginning

Kaguya took the megaphone from Akane.

"And the two of you will have to retrieve that item. To make it easier, we've given you a map of the woodland! The red dot is the camp site. On each map, there's a star on a different location. We'll each give you a random map, and you must retrieve the item at the location marked by the star before coming back! But if you don't think you can get the item because the task is to difficult, feel free to head on back. It just means that you won't be able to win. Whoever gets their item and makes it back here first-"

"Wins!" Akane and Kaguya said in unison to the megaphone.

Afterwards, Akane and Kaguya started calling units to come forth and get their map.

Kaguya handed a map to Miru. Hanaka and Miru looked over it to see the star on a mountain.

"Ooh! You've got the hardest challenge! The mountain is super high! Don't worry though! Since you might be inexperienced with climbing mountains, we've got ropes and harnesses, and more safety equipment such as helmets! Also you'll be filmed if you do climb. Good luck!" Kaguya beamed.

Hanaka and Miru walked over to the bus that would take them closer to the woods, shaking.

***

Akane and Kaguya had hopped of the bus, instructed the class to follow, and finally came to a halt. "Okay everyone! Your time starts...now!"

The pairs split up as Akane and Kaguya headed back to the bus. Everyone had a backpack with supplies and first aid kits. Hanaka and Miru walked on.

"Where to first?" Miru asked.

"That should be a no-brainer! Obviously to the mountain!" Hanaka puffed.

"Calm your farm" Miru muttered, rolling her eyes. Hanaka and Miru walked in silence until they came across a river. There was a tree and an axe next to the river.

Hanaka looked around. "Where's the boat?" she huffed.

Miru picked up the axe. "There isn't one. I guess we'll have to build a bridge instead."

Miru swung the axe, and it hit the tree. Miru dropped the axe and yelped.

"That was dangerous! The axe barely missed your foot!...why are you screaming?" Hanaka asked. She picked up the axe, and swung it.

"Eek!" Hanaka yelped. The pair both experienced pain in their arms, and now they were sore. Hanaka and Miru spent a few minutes glaring at the axe that was stuck in the tree.

Finally, Miru piped up. "We've got to finish cutting the tree down. Or we'll have to go into the river. Although..."

Hanaka and Miru looked at the strong current. Hanaka sighed and stood up. She pulled the handle of the axe.

"It's stuck!" Hanaka said unhappily. After some time, the two of them got the axe out of the tree and finally, to their relief, the tree came crashing down.

"Let's go!" Miru called. She and Hanaka crossed the 'bridge.'

"I'm not doing that again..." Hanaka muttered.