Chapter Forty

QB's POV

Natalie handed a whip to me after a quick square off once Ryman arrived, then she she dispassionately spoke, "Cube is here again because you've still not earned my favour, Nelson. Something tells me you will try harder this time." Her voice was heavy with suggestion, as she coiled around the room like an agitated snake. "Cube. I cannot bear to look at him, right now. Discipline him. Make him sorry for whatever he has done." She grinned at me from behind his head before walking away and laying herself onto a recliner.

I'd make him feel sorry alright. I had a wire running down the curve of my left breast and another fixed into the elegant hairdo Louisa had done herself. It all lead back to Louisa in a room, not two houses away, where she recorded everything, just in case.

I didn't let myself feel fear at the sight of him. He was just a man. A man kneeling before the woman who I had like putty in my hands just over an hour ago. I swung the whip at my side and brought it down with a crack. Ryman didn't even flinch. He stayed on his knees, fully clothed and eyes straight ahead, awaiting an order. I walked up to him and trailed my finger nail on his back in slow jagged lines, cracking the whip closer to him. This time, he jerked involuntarily and I clawed his back savagely.

"To fear me is to fear the mistress. Don't you want to make her happy?" Ryman nodded slowly, eyes straight ahead as if this were painful for him. "You do?" He nodded again. I snapped the whip on his left thigh and grated out, "Say it."

"Yes," Even his voice was tight with some kind of emotion. His body was not pliant, he was stiff. Tensed. Something was wrong.

The scene had to go on for me to get a confession. "Yes?" I clawed him again and he arched. "Yes who?"

"Yes. Just yes Ms. Bollins." Dread filled me when he said that name. He knew my real name. The implications were flooding into me when Ryman spoke again, this time into a device, "Secure the door. No one leaves without my say so."

Stupidly I react with the whip, bringing it up between us and snapping it down to his back. His arm shot out first, wrapping into the black leather and pushing me away. I fetched up against a table and glared at Natalie, who looked bored on the couch from where she had engaged herself with a magazine.

"You probably can imagine my surprise, that anyone... and I mean anyone would have even tried to play the game you and your little friend tried to play." He walked towards me, whip in hand now. I braced myself for what was about to come. The obvious thing... what would I have done if I were him?

It was about power ultimately. I would use my power on the person closest to here that did me wrong. Then I would get to the source. It was only logical then when the whip snapped on my leg leaving a sharp, stinging sensation along the entire right side. I pulled back, ready to knee him when one of his hands started choking at my neck. I aimed high, and my knee missed, but put him off just a little.

"Hmmm, feisty. I can work with it." The whip collided again, this time with the side of my face and my ears rang. My vision blurred from the pain. His hands searched through my hair, yanking out the wire and spilling my hair down to stream around my shoulders. He knew exactly where the wires were too.

Natalie. If I ever got out of this the bitch would pay. I would tie her up for days as I cut off all her hair as I whipped the skin off her flesh.

It revolted me when the man's hands cupped my breast, squeezing slightly. I heard him chuckle when I punched towards his groin and missed again. He snapped out the wire and backed away from me. "Tsk-tsk. How does this work? I guess Andy will be coming to your rescue now." He held up my cell from the table. "Hmm, although, you can never be too careful. Time to phone the master to come get his bitch."