Chapter Twenty-two

Dylan's POV

A million possibilities played through my mind but I shoved them aside. Andy wouldn't do that. He wasn't the type of guy my father was used to dealing with. But at the back of my mind the little voice still whispered. Why was he talking to my father at the charity? I'd assumed that it was because my father would've done his research on him, but what if it was something else? What if he had known Andy from before I'd met him? And obviously there was something going on, since he had his number.

"It's not what you think," Andy had said. I nodded woodenly throughout his explanation. This was the man that didn't like secrets, keeping one. The feeling soured in my chest and I felt an anger begin to rise.

He kissed me goodnight at my door, and backed away slowly, painfully aware that I was mad at him. His forehead creased with worry and he chewed a little on his lower lip. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it. I just... I can handle your father Dylan, I didn't want to worry you." He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a sigh. "Goodnight."

He didn't reach far before I made my decision. Call me a horny bastard, but I didn't go through everything I just did for a fucking kiss, the deal was, 'I get lucky'. "Andy?" He spun around at the sound of my voice, relief flashing over his face. "Technically it is the second date... want a nightcap?"

I woke sore and happy, with my face pressed against Andy's smooth chest. I breathed him in, wondering if I would be able to sniff out an answer. Was he another Stanley? All I got was a lungful of Andy, a musky scent that reminded me of the river again. The thought made me giddy. I was sure we'd put on quite the show out there for anyone who wanted to see two gays get some action in water. Damn, I would've wanted to see it myself. When was the last time I'd awoken in a mood like this? Probably never.

Andy seemed like he needed the sleep so I slipped out of bed, not waking him and lowered myself in a nearby chair to watch him. He always seemed as if he was at peace with himself, but right now, asleep, I found that he reminded me of a younger version of himself. Looking back later, I would recognize this as the moment that I fell in love with him.

I got the best idea for waking him up. Last night he didn't allow me to touch him. Insisting on making it all about me, he'd even busted out the nipple clamps. Fucking amazing! Despite the deal, I came first, and he felt the need to discipline me for it. But now, it was time for me to play. I got under the sheets, I loved how the wine colour made everything look that much sexier from underneath. I settled between his legs and got to work, licking every bit of flesh my tongue could reach.

I felt when he stirred, with my tongue just barely rimming him so that he came awake all of a sudden. He got impossibly harder and a hand found my head even under the sheets to guide me back onto his dick.

"Wake me up any day." Andy sounded drunk after he came. I could tell he was thinking about waking up to me every morning and smiled to myself. He was so into me.

Louisa messaged me as I was on my way to work. The text was simple and direct, with no familiarity whatsoever. If she had the steel for seeing blood Louisa might make a great secret agent. "Change of schedule: your parents want to see you over brunch. At the suite they're staying at right now in Tennessee."

I could've spent the entire drive imagining the breakfast topics my father likely had in mind. I just couldn't find it in myself to care. If it wasn't about Andy it would be something else. But right now I could walk on fucking sunshine.

I met my mother in the dining room, already seated as usual. My father liked to keep her waiting. I suppose it was acceptable, since she did nothing to keep her busy. I leaned in to kiss her cheek and she rested a hand around my neck and played with my baby hairs. "Hey."