~|SEVEN07|~

Edited

The smell of rubber and sweat took over my nose as I walked into the gymnasium. The first day of GYM for a freshman was anything but okay. I walked by a body-length mirror in the locker room and I nearly had a heart attack at the sad excuse of a uniform they were making us wear; A pair of shorts that barely touch our midthighs and a long t-shirt with the school's logo on it. 

Thankfully the shirt covered a bit more, if it didn't then I would have to drop from his class and sign up for JROCT. That wasn't much better but, at least they had clothes that covered you up. This class was even more of a bummer since I didn't have it with Megan. 

"Okay, class!" The GYM teacher- or at least that's what I think he was, yelled out. "We will be doing dodgeball with the guys. Since the guys have an odd number, I want one of you to join their team." It was quiet and I knew, just like me, the other girls probably didn't want to be on the same team as the guys. I eyed the guys and could tell some of them were on the popular side. The GYM teacher looks around at all of us before landing me.

 "You- go on over there." He flicks his wrist to the other side before turn away from me. 

I felt the girl's pity as I started walking to the group of guys. I stood in the back behind a big guy. I was hoping that he would keep me in the game until the end. I was wrong though. When the teacher blew his whistle, balls were thrown and he was the first one out. What a disappointment. 

I grabbed the ball that got him out and threw it. It didn't hit anyone but thankfully it wasn't caught. I got sight of a ball coming toward me a ducked. I wasn't good with sports, to begin with, and I wasn't going to test my luck to try to catch it. The ball missed me by a hair but I didn't have time to focus on that. I started running when I saw balls coming my way. I was so focused on the balls that I didn't realize I was running into someone until the last minute.

 I ran right into his chest and the impact made me fall back- that was until the person caught my arm. I looked up at the person to thank them but, it was like something was stuck in my throat. His eyes had such a gentle look to them when he was looking at me. The sound of the dodge balls hitting people and falling the floor became silent and as cheesy as it sounded- it was like we were the only ones in the GYM. Our eye contact was cut short when he pulled me behind him and caught a ball that was thrown toward us. 

"Just stand behind me and I'll protect you." His voice wasn't what I expected. It was a lot deeper and smooth- he didn't sound like a fourteen-year-old starting his first day of high school. I stared at him in awe and before I knew it, our team won.

I stared at him as the other guys went to him and congratulated him. His smile was different from when other people smiled. It was different in a bad way but in a wonderful way. I wanted him to smile like that all the time and I didn't even know who this was. As if he read my mind, he look at me still smiling. 

 I almost wished I could take a picture of him smiling at me. I guess I'll just have to keep this picture in my mind. Before I could smile back at him, the bell started ringing. I watched him get pulled by two guys- who I later found out were Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin. They were both glancing my way as they were walking back to the locker rooms but I didn't care about that. 

What I care about was this boy who somehow stopped my heart and restarted it again with a smile.