~|NINE09|~

edited

I yank the earphones out of my ear and winced as the music blared out of the headphones. I always forget to turn the volume down before turning it on. I could feel the pain in my head worsen and I could feel the urge to throw upcoming 

"Sweetheart, I don't think you should go to school today." My grandma commented as she took a look at my face. "You're paler than your grandpa's tan lines in the Summer." She took my bowl of untouched oatmeal and put it on the counter. I laid my forehead against the cold glass of her kitchen table and nearly signed out in relief. I wanted to deny missing school today but I barely had the energy to get up much less make the trip there. 

"Yes, Ma'am," I murmured. I didn't pick up my head as I head her walk around and then pick something up. It was quiet for a moment before I heard her greet someone on the phone. "Hello, Erika?" She said. I rolled my eyes at her chirpiness to the school's secretary. I would probably kill at the moment to be that happy right now.

 "How are you doing, Love?" There was some talking on the phone and some pausing, and then some talking again. "Ah, yes, I'm fine. I'm actually calling because it seems Christian caught something." I didn't jump when I felt the coolness of her hand against my sweaty neck. In fact, it only made me relax.

 "Some kind of bug, it seems. She might have to miss today and maybe tomorrow as well." I closed my eyes and before I knew it, my grandma was shaking me. "You head on up. Your grandpa and I have to head to work in a bit. Will you be fine?" My grandma works at a pharmacy in our local supercenter and my Grandpa worked in the town over doing construction of some sort.

 "Yeah, that's fine, grandma. I should be fine. I'll probably be sleeping. You guys should be careful. I love you." I didn't hear her answer me as I walking to my room. I tear my jacket off and then my shirt. I quickly push down my jeans and threw myself on my bed. I closed my eyes and I was out like a light.

I could feel a breeze as I came to and it felt nice. I was still burning hot but the ache in my head subsided a bit. I opened my eyes to see that I was still in the same position and when I looked a the time it was nearly three in the afternoon. I slowly lifted up and winced as pain made an appearance in my back and arm muscles. The headache might have been gone but, I feel like the pain found its way to my body. I stood up and look around my room and started picking up all the clothes that I threw everywhere this morning. I grabbed my jeans and started searching the pocket to get my phone. when I turned it on, I saw a few text messages from Megan.

"Hey, where are you?"

"Why aren't you in school?"

"Are you ojay?

I let out a chuckle at her misspell but then decided to call her. I put the phone to my ear and I could hear the ringing. I wasn't much for talking but, I sort of owe Megan for ignoring her messages. "Christian! Why are you now just calling me?" I could hear movement and it was suddenly quiet. "Hey, Meg. Sorry, I was super sick this morning and my grandma told me to stay home. I just woke up." I started putting on a t-shirt that was hanging on my computer chair and then started looking for some pants to wear in my drawer. "Oh? What's wrong?" I looked at a pair to see that it was a pair from when I was in middle school. I really needed to look through my clothes. "I woke up with a major migraine and then a fever, I guess." I pulled out another pair and saw that they were a pair of gray joggers I got from Walmart a few months ago. I quickly slid those on and grabbed a pair of sucks. "How are you feeling now?" She asked.

"My headache is gone but, my muscles hurt. I'm still a bit hot though."  There was a pause and before I could make sure she was still on the phone, she spoke again.  "Well, will you be at school tomorrow?"

"I might, I'm not sure. Depends on how I feel tomorrow." I heard talking and something falling. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. Um, I'm hanging out with Jung Heoseok and Kim Taehyung." She says, "Hey if you're feeling up to it, why don't you come over?" I could hear more rustling and then I hear a voice that made goosebumps appear up my arm. "Uh, I don't know. I don't really feel like getting dress and-" Megan cut me off with a laugh. "Forget that and just come over. We will watch movies and whatnot."

I wanted to give excuses but, when I tried to think of something- Kim Taehyung appeared in my head. I wanted to see him but, then I didn't. I wanted to be around him but, I didn't know if he wanted to be around me too or if he rather not be around me.I decided that maybe it's time to get over these feelings of fear and low esteeme. 

"Okay, send me the address."