Things go wrong.

Ashlyn POV (still. That's right. The whole story will probably be. But, that won't stop me from writing 'Ashlyn's POV' like every chapter! Mahahahaha!)

We finally arrived at the large outdoor performance space. The stage was huge! I'd travelled all around the world on dad's tours and I still found it one of the largest stages I'd ever seen. So many chairs surrounded it!

"Hello? Mr.Brooks!" Called one of the reporters who had come early in hope of an interview. "Could we please have a quick interview?"
Ha. Called it.

"Sorry, miss, I must prepare. Tonight's a big one!" Dad chuckled.
I noticed the perky reporter frown for a split second.

"But, we flew in all the way from Britain!" She said. It was so easy to see she was lying. Only as she'd said it she miraculously had a British accent. Wow.

"Are you sure about that miss?" Dad laughed. "Your microphone says 'good day America!' On it."

The blonde flustered. "O-oh...umm.. c-can we at l-l-least interview your d-daughter?" Dad looked at me for an answer. I shrugged. Someone needed to save him from this lady. Plus, it would be fun to show off some new tricks. Dad nodded and walked to the stage manager.

"Hello, I'm Jenny Walker from Good day America! You must be Ashlyn Brooks!" The reporter said with a fake smile. "You can just call me Ash!" I said trying to match her perky-ness. What? The press loved nickname privileges and perky attitude.

"Okay then, Ash." Said Jenny, obviously proud to be the first one to call me Ash on camera. "Are you planning on following in your fathers footsteps? Becoming a magician?"

"I don't know, Jenny." I answered truthfully. "I love magic but, I'm not sure if I want to be a famous magician."
She nodded, happy with my answer.

"Can you show us a trick, Ash?" She asked, still obviously proud to call me by my nickname. I nodded enthusiastically with a smirk. Now, this would be fun!

I pulled out a wand. I did some over exaggerated hand movements and boom! I had some fake flowers.

"I handed them to Jenny. She seemed happy but, then smirked. What was she up to?

"You gave me flowers." She stated. "Are you... gay?" I wanted to scream or curse. Was she serious?
"Excuse me?" I asked. "Are you flirting with me, Ash?" She asked in fake shock.

"NO!" I quickly shouted. "You are way too old for me!" Jenny smirked.
"How old do you think I am?"
Oh no. She wanted me to seem rude on TV. Or gay. Or lesbian. Or SOMETHING!
"Also," Jenny said. "You said I was too old. Not that I was the same gender."

I wanted to shout. I kept my voice calm.
"I. Am. Not. Gay." I said slowly.
"Are you saying there is something wrong with being gay?" She asked slyly with mock shock.
"What, no!" I snapped. "I never said that at all!"
I suddenly felt like I could kill this woman! I wanted to shout "shut up!".
Jenny screamed. I frowned and looked down. I was floating. I screamed. Big mistake. Purple light flashed and with a large boom! Jenny was on the floor. I turned around to find dad. I was scared. Then I noticed... well, everything.

Papers littered the floor. Chairs were broken. The stage was split in half.

"Ash!" Jenny cried dramatically. "Why would you do that! First you push me, then you literally raged!"
I was so confused. What? When had I done this? How had I split an ENTIRE STAGE IN HALF???
But, everyone claimed to see it. So dad sent me to boarding school.