Chapter Twenty-One

After Hyunji got ready, she met Joonmyun and Joohyun in the living room, ready to go for breakfast. It was Saturday after all. Weekends were always family days. Since Joonmyun started working as the CEO of Hyunji’s company, he never had much time to spend it with his family.

Even when he was still in Exo, he made sure to get a good education. It was very helpful to Hyunji that he studied business. He knew a lot of things and he was fit to take care of the company, while Hyunji studied. It was one of the terms he agreed on with his parents, who were also running a successful business. They wanted him to have an education and know how to run a company. Someday, he would also be in-charge of his parents' company. But for now, he was helping Hyunji until she was ready to lead her company.

“Let’s go!” Joohyun pulled her parents hands excitedly. She was standing in between them, holding both their hands happily.

“Okay, okay.” Hyunji laughed, following along beside her daughter. She looked to her side, giving a smile to Joonmyun, who gave her a playful wink.

The three of them walked towards their car, Joonmyun helping her daughter in the backseat with her seatbelt.

Hyunji got in the passenger seat, doing her own seatbelt, hearing the two behind her sharing whispers.

“You guys.” she whined, turning her head. “Can’t you just tell me the surprise already?” she pouted towards the two.

Joohyun who was giggling, covered her mouth to muffle her laugh, while Joonmyun walked towards the driver’s seat so they can take off.

“Babe, it wouldn’t be a surprise if we told you know, would it?” he says lovingly, taking Hyunji’s hand, while he drove to the restaurant.

“Oh, by the way, I invited Minah, Jae-In and the boys for breakfast.” he added with a big smile.

Hyunji smiled back, nodding, still lost and confused to what this surprise could be. Of course she had some speculations, but she didn’t want her hopes to be up and be let down.

They arrived at the place, getting tables put together for the large group.

Everyone was there and Hyunji was happy to see the whole gang together like this.

“Uncle Tao!” Joohyun ran towards the panda, earning a few protests from the other uncles.

Tao, who looked like he just won the lottery, walked towards Joohyun, lifting her from the ground for a big hug. “Hey there, princess.” he said lovingly.

“I thought I was your favorite.” pouted Luhan.

Baekhyun moved his way up to meet the little girl, looking depressed, as he crossed his arms. “No, I’m her favorite uncle. Tao just probably bribed her with his wushu skills or something. Right, honey bear?”

“Honey bear?” snorted Jongdae. “Of course she wouldn’t want you with horrible nicknames like that. I’m her favorite uncle. She even told me last time. Isn’t that right, Hyunnie?” he asked cutely.

Hyunji and Joonmyun followed the rest, chuckling at the boys fighting over their daughter. “Okay, you guys. Break it up.” Joonmyun interrupted, sending a wink down to his daughter, knowing well that she loved everyone equally.

“Hyunji!” squealed Minah, tackling her best friend for a hug. “I’ve missed you so much! I have so many things to tell you. Come, let’s go to the bathroom real quick. I need to fix my hair.” she said in such a fast speed, Hyunji couldn’t say anything in response as she was being pulled to the bathroom with Jae-In in tow, a knowing smile formed on her lips.