Chapter Twenty

P.S. Before you even start to read, I just want to warn you that I kind of don't like this chapter... so if most of you agree that it's horrible, it may be subject to be changed for a better one. Also, the last part has a different feel to it, and really, that's how Second Chance will kind of be like, so if you have any type of feedback for me, please don't hesitate. Oh, and I may, just a little bit, try to be a tease at the end of the chapter. (;

The crowd goes crazy, watching the small entrance of Tao, Kai, and D.O. along with Mr. Yoo, following behind, his hands restrained by the strong panda.

“Ahh, just the man we needed to see.” Chen smirks, talking through the microphone.

The confused fans waits patiently, mumbling with each other just what the heck is happening.

Through every major fan site, each member sent them a video in the middle of the night, asking for their appearance at the airport. Being the devoted fans that they are, they spread the word quickly, arriving even before their beloved oppas came.

“What’s happening? Why are we here?”

“Where are the other members?”

“Will you perform?”

Questions after questions, the fans were slowly drifting apart, as they didn’t know the situation.

With Suho and Hyunji walking in, hand in hand, some of the fans that saw the two gasps, bringing the attention towards the couple.

“Suho oppa!” protests from the fans start, causing a chaos behind the line of security that was separating the small stage from the fans.

“Calm down, calm down. Everyone, please.” Jongdae pleads, seeing Minah from the back, nodding with two thumbs up. “If you could please take this moment to be quiet, we would like to show you a small video, regarding of what’s happening.”

The fans start to calm down, but the media are on the top of their shoes, recording everything and not missing a beat, as more pictures are taken of Suho and Hyunji.

“What’s happening?” asks Hyunji.

“Just watch.” Suho replies with a smile, squeezing the hand that’s enveloped in his gently.

The video starts with two familiar faces that Hyunji knows so well. It was her parents. Everyone knows the two moguls, even the Exo fans. Hyunji’s parents were well known for being the “It” couple of their time. Two lovebirds that started from nothing and created an empire that quickly took over all of South Korea. Then, Mr. Yoo’s face shows up in the video. The narration starts at how he single-handedly took over the company, after the dreadful passing of Hyunji’s parents. It explained how he got to the top, adopting the Shin’s only daughter, Shin Hyunji. Another clip starts, Hyunji being the center of the attention of the video. It explained how her right as the heiress of the corporation was taken away by the sleazy man, Mr. Yoo, even going into full detail about her being hidden away from the world, along with her daughter.

“Daughter?” a fan gasps.

“Who’s the father?”

“Is Suho the father?” a reporter asks blatantly, as the video finished.

Joonmyun takes the microphone from Chen, smiling from ear to ear, like a proud father.

“Yes, I am the father of Shin Hyunji’s child. And before anyone starts asking questions about me, don’t. To the fans, I’m sorry that I didn’t meet your expectations, but I have a duty as a father, and that is to protect my child and her mother, who’s also the love of my life. Just like you guys, I also didn’t know I had a daughter, not until two days ago. Can you believe it? Two days ago! And it’s all because of this man.” he points towards Mr. Yoo.