Chapter Fifteen

“So let me get this straight,” started Baekhyun, the frustration already setting in. “That bastard, who’s supposed to be your legal guardian, was the one that took our Joohyun?” he finished, looking just as upset as the guys who was gathered in the packed living room. Everyone was sitting right next to each other as you filled everyone in with the details about your daughter’s abductor.

You nodded calmly, trying to finish your explanations. “When my parents died, Mr. Yoo  took legal care of me because he was my dad’s best friend. They were both partners for the company and after the accident, he took me in. I guess my parent’s will were read and he wasn’t happy that I was the heir to the company. His wife and kids would treat me so badly, that I ran away when I started high school.” you paused, having the memories flood back in your head. But shaking your head, you pushed away those horrible emotions to continue. “They found me, of course, but he let me live on my own, giving me just enough each month. That’s when I met Minah, and the rest of you guys. I just said that he was my dad to you guys when he would pick me up sometimes from school, so it wouldn’t be a big deal. You even got to meet him once, but he just left saying he was busy.” you say, squeezing your best friend’s hand beside you with a weak smile, as she had tears in her eyes trying to break free. Not even your own best friend knew this about you. You never thought you’d ever share this hidden secret to anyone, share all the pain that you went through. But for your daughter, you’d do anything.

“Before I completely left from your guys’ life, I met with Jae-In’s dad. He was the General Manager for SM. He told me to break up with Joonmyun because it would ruin his career. I didn’t know I was pregnant yet, and that thing with Chanyeol happened. I just know that Jae-In fabricated everything. I know nothing happened between me and him, and even he knows that. I just didn’t know why Jae-In would act like that. Betraying me. But now, I know.”

It all made sense in your head. All along, Jae-In was being used by Mr. Yoo.

“So we just need Chanyeol hyung to tell us where Jae-In noona is?” Sehun asks.

“It wouldn’t be that easy.” you answer, shaking your head. “We saw her today, and since her plan didn’t work, she must have told Yoo about it and that’s why they took Joohyun.”

“Why would he take Joohyun anyway?” asks Kyungsoo.

“I… We… We were supposed to be hidden.” you stumble for an answer. “Mr. Yoo wants the company for himself, and with Joohyun and I, he has no chance of owning it. The will states that I get to have my parent’s share of the company as soon as I turn 24, and that’s not until two years from now. Until then, he was going to make me sign a contract giving him full rights to my share, so he’d leave us alone. But since, Joonmyun came back to our lives, he feels threatened. My parents lawyers have been questioning him about my whereabouts and all he would say to me is to hide.” you say, as a tear falls down your cheek. You knew you had nothing against Yoo. You thought about making things right so many times, but you knew your daughter would get hurt. This is exactly what you were talking about.

“Damn it!” Suho hissed in frustration, as he gets up from the couch, pacing towards the kitchen. He never knew of the struggle you had to go through, and just hearing those things that Mr. Yoo had put you through makes him want to strangle that man to death.

“We have to get her back, of course.” Chen states the obvious, standing up to go follow his hyung.

“The question is how?” Kai wonders, looking around everyone for an answer.

- - - - - - - - - -

“Chanyeol, we have to go.” Jae-In pleas, after telling him the whole truth about everything.

“Go?” he asks in an angry tone. “You want me to go with you, after everything that you’ve done!”

“I did it for you! That man was threatening you. He said he’d never see to it that you, or anyone, debuted from Exo! I thought it was for the best. She was my best friend too, you know. I had to do what was best.”

“God! Do you even hear yourself?” he asks in disapproval. “All these years you made me believe that there was a chance that I could be the father of Hyunji’s daughter. What’s more sick is that I was okay that you were understanding about everything. You made everything up, just so you could make her stay away from Suho hyung. You lied to me. You lied to her. You lied to everybody! Now even Joohyun is missing.”

Jae-In pauses after hearing Chanyeol’s outburst.

“What do you mean she’s missing?” she asks lowly, never having it mind that the little girl would be involved.

“The members texted me to get back 15 minutes ago because they lost Joohyun.” he explains, seeing the change of attitude from her.

She walks toward her bedroom in a daze, Chanyeol following behind her.

“Where are you going?”

“This is all my fault.” she suddenly turns towards him. “I did this. Because of me, they took Joohyun.” she spills out, blaming herself. “I have to make things right.”

“Don’t.” Chanyeol orders, bringing her into his arms. Even if she was wrong, he still couldn’t help but love her. “Come with me,” he whispers softly. “we have to make things right.”