Chapter Fourteen

The words hit you like a nuclear bomb. All the train of thoughts that you had left, as you felt Suho’s arm around you trying to catch you from your fall.

Just as soon as Joonmyun steadied you, another set of rings went off, putting you off into a hurry, making sure to fish out your phone quickly.

“Hello?” you answered in a hurry, hoping for good news about your daughter.

The voice did a soft chuckle, putting you into another frozen state, as you stare desperately into Suho’s eyes. It was him. He came back. He warned you what would happen if the secret wasn’t kept hidden, and now that the truth was revealed, he had come to compensate.

“Don’t hurt her, please.” you pleaded, tears starting to form from your eyes. Suho looked at you in shock, not knowing what was happening and why you were begging this person on the phone. How much of the truth did he know?

“Oh dear, dear Hyunji.” the man said, “Now, why would I do that to this sweet, innocent child? Surely, you don’t think of me as that kind of person, do you?” he questioned, acting as if he was hurt.

Your world started to spin, thinking of the old days when you were in your daughter’s position. If they ever did the things they did to you with your daughter, you know you would completely lose it. This is exactly why you had been hiding, hiding from such a person like him. How could you have let your guard down?

Suho seemed to notice your face losing its color, his arms tightening to show his support. He may not know anything, but he knows you. He knows when you are completely scared, and it pisses him so much that he can’t do anything to make it go away.

“Hyunji~” the man sang, chuckling menacingly afterwards. “So, here’s the deal, since our previous one has been void.”

“Wait.” you found yourself saying back, looking at Joonmyun with a tear falling from your face. You knew what needed to be done to get your daughter back, even if it meant getting your heart broken, again.

“I’ll leave,” you said, feeling Joonmyun stiffen behind you. “disappear completely. Just please give me my daughter back. Then, you won’t ever hear about me. Just give her back safely.” your voice already weak, trying your best not to sob.

“Oh darling~ If only it were that easy.” you froze from his words.

“There’s a new deal and it involves your beloved baby daddy to participate.”

- - - - - - - - -

An hour passed after the phone call. You were still waiting for the next one, so you could finally get your daughter back.

Everyone, including Minah, found their way back to Exo’s apartment. You could hear the guys murmuring, but you stayed quiet. Even with Suho, Minah, and Baekhyun trying to talk to you, you wouldn’t budge. There were so many things you were thinking of. You needed your daughter back.

Suddenly, your phone rang once again, everyone in the room freezing from the sound of your ringtone. You quickly picked it up, walking towards the balcony for some privacy.

Even without a jacket on, you still walked outside, shutting the glass door behind you as you answered, rain drops and strong winds hitting you.

“Hello?”

“Mommy!” It was Joohyun.

“Baby! It’s mommy.” you started sobbing, losing your strength. You held onto the railings on the balcony, feeling your tears hot on your cheeks. “Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Where are you?”

“I’m fine, mommy.” she paused, her voice softer than before. “Please don’t cry.” she asked you, making you cry even more.

The door opened, Suho walking towards you as he took you in his arms. He couldn’t take it anymore. He needed to do something for you and his daughter. No matter what it took. He didn’t want to be in the dark anymore. He wanted to fight for his family.

“Joohyun, listen okay?” you said, wiping your tears. There was a pause from the other line, but you knew it was just her nodding her head unconsciously, making you smile despite the situation. “Mommy’s gonna come and get you, so be a good girl until I get there.”

The call suddenly ended, even before Joohyun could say anything back. You looked at your phone in worry, getting a message afterwards: You have 24 hours.

You haven’t told Suho the new “deal”, but now was the perfect time. You were still sobbing in his arms, when you slowly pulled away, looking at him.

Joonmyun brought his hand up, wiping your tears away with a frown. He wished there was something he could do. He wished he knew what was going through your head.

“Joonmyun..” you mumbled, fisting his shirt as you cried on his chest, pulling yourself closer to him, not wanting to tell him what you needed to do.

He pulled you closer, his arms wrapping you in his embrace. “Tell me, please. Tell me how we can get our daughter back.”

Even in the cold rain, you could only feel Joonmyun’s warmth. There was no way you were gonna ruin him. There has to be another way to get your daughter back.

You pulled back again, looking at him with sad eyes. “We need to get Joohyun back.” you said with determination. “There has to be another way.”

“Another way for what? Damn it, Hyunji. Will you please just tell me what that damned man said.” his patience wearing off, from the worry that is eating him up.

“I have to reveal that Joohyun’s your daughter.” you mumbled, looking down. Surely, it would ruin his career. Maybe even everyone in Exo’s.

“There has to be another way.” you repeated, already making up your mind that that was not an option. “I can’t lose Joohyun, and I also can’t lose you, Joonmyun. I won’t make that mistake twice.”

Two updates for today! Yay! I feel like this is still short and not as good as the one I lost, but oh well >.< I hope you guys like it though. Definitely not one of my best, but I tried. There's more drama now, but I still haven't revealed who this evil man is. Next chapter would probably bring out their plan to get Joohyun back and finally reveal who this man is. It's a shocker, really. You won't see it coming. BUT do not forget about our Channie and Jae-in... hehe. They still play a big role. ^^ So, who do you think Mr. Evil is? Comment and Subscribe please!