Chapter One

You sigh lazily as you were done for the day after taking care of all the patients in need, heading towards your station. It was only short after that your six year old daughter, Joohyun, tackles your leg into a hug, surprising you.

“Omo! Why are you here?” you ask happily, squatting down to be on her level.

“I missed umma too much~” she said cutely, earning a big smile from you as you hugged her petite body.

“Aigoo~ Shouldn’t you be with Aunt Minah today?” you ask, raising your eyebrow, wondering why she was alone.

“Ahh.. Aunt Minah?” she asked, trying to be cute. “I ran after getting off the elevators to see you.” she said biting her lip, knowing she will be scolded

“You shouldn’t do that!” you yell, but remember you were at work and sigh once more, getting up from your squatting position and hold your daughter’s hand. “I’ll let it go today because I extremely miss you too, arasso?” you ask tauntingly, earning a nod with big smiles from the little girl. “Now let’s go find your aunt, she must be worried sick.”

--------------

Minah gasped as she walked through the hallways as one door opened, causing her to jump.

"Minah?" a voice asked, looking at her with widened eyes, which she returned after seeing the face.

"Joonmyun..." she said, her face already becoming pale, as she hear yours and Joohyun's voice echoing through the long hallway.

"What brings you here?" he asks happily, remembering back in high school as his first love's best friend.

The sound of your voice was getting closer and closer as Minah panicked, muttering some curse word under her breath before smiling towards Suho. "Ah, I was just about to visit Hyunji." she says, not being able to lie since she was bad at it.

"Is she okay?" Suho asks worriedly.

"Oh no! Not like that. She works here, in fact she's ri--."

The voices from the hallways stopped as you stood there, shocked to see Joonmyun talking to the Minah, nervousness written all over her face, not knowing what else to. You had to do something since you felt bad she was in that position because of you.

"Joonmy-- I mean Suho-ssi." you said, causing him to whip his neck towards your direction.

He stared at you for a moment, then to Joohyun, who had her eyes on you.

"Umma, who is he?" she asked innocently as Suho took note that you already had a daughter.

"Joohyun-ah, come with aunt for a while, oh? We can go see the newborn babies together." Minah offered to leave the two of you alone.

You squatted down again and hugged your daughter to give you some strength as you whispered, "I love you." into her ears. "Go see the babies." you smiled towards her as she walked towards Minah, giving Suho a small smile.

Silence filled the air as the two of you decided to walk towards the balcony for some privacy.

It was you who decided to speak first, leaning your body towards the railing, looking at the flickering lights of the city. "I see you've reached your dream." you smile, looking beside you to see him still staring at you. "Congratulations."

"Not really, I still have a long way to go." he said, rubbing the back of his neck as he diverted his attention away from you. "I should be congratulating you. You finally became a nurse after you said you were."

"It wasn't that easy getting here, but I managed." you said, looking at the positive side.

Of course it wasn't easy leaving school early to have a baby and take care of her at such a young age, but you wouldn't have gotten where you were without the support of Minah and her family.

"Hyunji-yah.." Suho started softly, wanting to ask finally about your daughter. "about Joohyun, is she--"

"No, she's not." you cut him off coldly, knowing exactly what he was going to ask. "Her appa died a few years ago." you lied, hoping he wouldn't catch it.

"Ohh.. mian. I just thought since--"

"Well don't. I already know where this is leading and I just want to get things straight. Just pretend like you don't know me please, wasn't it enough that your company had to drive me away just so--" you stopped yourself, already regretting your words.

"What?!" he asked furiously. "They did that to you? Is that why you broke up with me and left without a word?" he asked again. "Damn it, Hyunji! Why the hell wouldn't you tell me something like that?"

You stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. You were just too carried away with hiding your secret that you revealed another one. "I-It was for the best Suho--"

"Don't SUHO me!" now it was his turn to cut you off as he paced back and forth from the open space.

"Su-- Joonmyun, stop." you said softly. "Please, just stop."

He heard the change of tone in your voice and he looked back at you.

"Can't we just go back to not meeting today? The damage has already been done and you know it will never be the way it used to be. I have a daughter to take care of and I just want her to grow up happy. I already moved on, Joonmyun." you lied once again.

Suho was left speechless, pain and guilt running throughout his body as you walked away before the tears could fall in front of him, just wanting to hold your daughter so she could keep you warm and give you strength that everything would be better.

----------

"Hyung! Where were you?" Sehun asked as Suho came back to the room from before. They were there to see Kyungsoo's mom since she just had a successful surgery and wanted to wish her a well recovery.

Suho stopped in front of the maknae and dropped his head on his shoulder. "I saw her." he said.

All the members attention turned towards their leader, worried at the fact that he was being sulky.

"She has a daughter now, can you believe it? She's this little six year old with the cutest smile ever." he laughed hurtfully, not wanting to believe the love of his life would be gone forever in his life.

Kyungsoo walked up to Suho, guilt written all over his face as he squeezed Suho's shoulders.

"Hyung, I need to tell you something." D.O muttered as Kai's eyes grew wide.

Suho looked up from Sehun's shoulders, already defeated, her words still ringing in his ears.

"Joohyun is your daughter." those four words struck Suho.

He had believed Hyunji's lie already, but there was still that small part of him that knew, right after seeing her for the first time. The way she smiled at her.

----------

"Shit." you muttered, stopping in your tracks, causing Minah and Joohyun to stop too, just outside the ice cream shop.

"What's wrong?" Minah asked worriedly. She already knew a lot must be going through your head after meeting Joonmyun and hiding your daughter's identity for him to live his dream.

"Do Kyungsoo. That's why that Mrs. Do in 5-E kept talking about EXO, she's Kyungsoo's mom, Minah! That means they're all there. Even Jongin. They're the only two that knows. I have to call them." you said frantically as you fished for your phone in your purse, afraid they might tell Suho before you plead again to keep it hidden.

You dial the number that comes right off your head as your phone rings to call out for Kyungsoo.

"Hello?" a voice called out. The owner being the one you feared it would most be.